Could we become the biggest club in the world?

Biggest by what metrics?

Always found we’re a bigger club than you quite an odd statement
This.
"Biggest club" is a ridiculous term.
Highest revenues: Possibly
Highest number of trophies over last ten years: Probably in England but not globally necessarily.
Highest number of "fans" who couldn't find the ground if they were standing on Ashton New Road holding an A-Z: Don't give a shit. - This phrase, nicked from a fanzine from about 25-30 years ago was initially about rags on Chester Road but the sentiment applies even if they'd now use Google Maps.

I’d rather be what we are,the best team.

As the best team we’ll do what we’ve done,beaten Madrid,Munich and Milan,again and again.

Holding the Treble is the pinnacle of world football achievements.

‘The best team in the land & all the world’

City from Manchester.

The biggest club in the world without doubt is CFG, of which Manchester City are the jewel in the crown. Goes right over our rivals heads as they dwell on success from decades past and desperately look for empty seats at the Etihad and our many Wembley appearances. By the time they wake up to the scale of our owners vision they will be too late at this rate.

No way. I was thinking about this yesterday... When we were shit I literally didn't care about other teams and players. 'Were playing against Henry today'. - I couldn't give a shit I'm here to watch us...my awareness of football was limited to city. Like I couldn't even be arsed watching peps Barca back in the day.

Now take fans of the traditional big clubs. They have always cared about other clubs and players even to the extent that some (fans)? now follow players. They're always aware of the other big club and they're players.

They're always aware of how their club is perceived and constantly in dick measuring conversations about who is the bigger club - that is fandom to them.

But we rock up with our likkle city mentality and wipe the floor with all of them. They can't hack it. But we don't want to engage in the same bullshit fandom conversation of who's bigger cuz of where we've come from. The other fans claim were irrelevant cuz we don't get the same likes on twitter or some armchair fans in London don't have a blue in their local pubs. To me, I prefer our way of being fans and even the new glory hunting or tourist fans seemingly buy into this.

We are one of the best football teams on the planet but fans of the old guard will never recognise that. In a way I prefer that!

Sorry for the long post I know some of what I wrote is bollocks but fuck it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.