Could we ever sign Messi ?

I've read Zlatan Ibrahimovic's book recently and he described Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and company (I almost wrote Kompany, lol) as schoolboys who are looking to their coach as first grades are looking to their teacher and act as robots on anything they've been told without any questions.

Official Barcelona photographer published today a photo he took in Barcelona dressing room after they've lost from RM in Copa del Rey final last season and Messi is crying like some teen girl on it..

Loyalty is good thing but that's too much for grown people and that kind of brainwashed pu**ies won't go anywhere as long as they want them there.

I don't think my question on us signing Messi(in future) is absurd as it first reads, think about it...

Messi is 24 years old and been at Barca all his footballing life. Ok they are the best side in Europe, possibly the world, but like most of the best footballers, he may decide he needs a new challenge some day, and the premier league is considered by most as the best league in the world. We are one of the few clubs that can currently afford his fee and salary, and if we can become as successful as ADUG require, both on and off the pitch, then it is certainly not out of the question.

For now though, one can dream... ;)

bluemoon risin' said:
I don't think my question on us signing Messi(in future) is absurd as it first reads, think about it...

Messi is 24 years old and been at Barca all his footballing life. Ok they are the best side in Europe, possibly the world, but like most of the best footballers, he may decide he needs a new challenge some day, and the premier league is considered by most as the best league in the world. We are one of the few clubs that can currently afford his fee and salary, and if we can become as successful as ADUG require, both on and off the pitch, then it is certainly not out of the question.

It is. I'd love to be wrong so much I can taste it, but It is.

scowy68 said:
sniff said:
Some players are just untransferable.......

He is one of them.... what could any club offer him that Barca can not ? they play in a huge stadium to huge crowds, can win any tournament they enter....

And the wages wont be to shabby either.

Any where other than Barca right now, is a huge step down.

Not the worst city you could ever live in either.
Yep; it's a dirty job he has, but someone has to do it!

bluemoon risin' said:

Thing is..Without Barca Messi would be nothing but a dwarfish guy in some argentine slum. Barca paid för the growth injections that enabled him to grow at all as a teen player with a lot of promise.
Since then he have been 100% loyal to them and owe them everything.

He´ll not go until Barca says so..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.