Could we ever sign Messi ?

Barca are pretty much riddled with debt are they not?? offer 200m for him and i bet the big shots who run the club say a definate yes!!

sam-caddick said:
Barca are pretty much riddled with debt are they not?? offer 200m for him and i bet the big shots who run the club say a definate yes!!

So how do we get that thru the FFPR..?

S04 said:
sam-caddick said:

So how do we get that thru the FFPR..?

haha, we wouldnt mate however shirt sales worldwide would hit the roof and the promotion it would give the club worldwide would be unbelievable!!

He would bring in a ridiculous amount of supporters and money worldwide!!

sam-caddick said:
He would bring in a ridiculous amount of supporters and money worldwide!!

If ever there was a comment *not* to make when trying to win over other Bluemooners via logic and reasoning, this is it. :/

Though personally, I agree with your statement.

Though personally, I also think he will never leave Barca - even if he spends his last five years as a benchwarmer - and thus I believe we have, and *should* have, precisely 0% chance of signing him, coincidentally exactly the same % chance that every other club in the world has of signing him.

Shame really. Would be amazing to see him grace our league but everything at Barca is perfect for him so unless that changes he won't ever leave.

possible, but very unlikely to happen. even if there were any real chances for city to bring a striker of such caliber, ronaldo would be a much better option for the current team.

Could my life have gone another way? Could Ricky Hatton have beaten Mayweather with no Joe Cortez in the middle? Of course. Of course we could sign Messi, it isn't an impossibility. Only things ruled out by science are impossible, and signing Messi is not one of them.

Likely? Not really.

Who knows what will and could happen to Barcelona, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and company in the next few years? Once La Liga fix their television rights, once Malaga comes of age, once someone else get's taken over by wealthy owners like the Malaga lot and ours, once Guardiola walks away and Mourinho heads to (dare I say it) the Swamp, who knows where Messi' future lies?

I say he won't even come to us, but let's be honest, Ronaldo and Rooney both thought about it (Ronaldo even said he would if Mourinho had walked), so it's not out of the question.

Nobody has said the ever present 'Not in my lifetime!' yet...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.