Couple of ideas to replace Tevez...

I'm not convinced Mancini is going to go out and buy a "centre forward." I think he fancies a "forward midfield" type player, as it creates considerably more fluidity and gives him more opportunities to move people around. As we have seen from other signings, he believes players should be able to play in numerous positions, so that he can change the team tactically without having to make a couple of substitutions. THAT is why Gourcuff is such an interesting recent rumor.

As we have seen from Barca, they have TONS of goals coming from midfielders, ALL of whom are 5 foot nothing. Arsenal do the same kind of thing, which is why Bendtner can't get a regular game even when others are out injured.

Anyway, I would not be surprised to NOT see him go for an out and out center forward. It's not like that is what Tevez is, either!

Remember in the current climate all the clubs are skint apart from madrid. So it might have to be a loan deal untill summer.

One of these would do for me,

1) Loan swap for Villa with Barca.

2) Straight swap for Alves and Bojan from Barca

as for Ade

Send him to Inter plus cash for Eto.

I cant see tevez going to madrid, He'll want to play with Messi.

Realistically speaking (even though anything is possible at the moment) I think Llorente would be a great acquisition - tall, good in the air and on the floor and a goalscorer.
This talk of Villa is way wide of the mark, he's only been at Barca for 6 months and whoever left that club at this time in their illustrious history would be little more than foolish. Granted they have no money but almost certainly would look to sell other players than him to raise finance.
Torres is probably the most complete striker in world football when he's on form but the fact that he's had injuty troubles of late would make him a far more risky buy than Llorente or Dzeko. Also, Torres would have nothing to prove in the Prem unlike the other two and given his attachment to Liverpool I would suggest that he isn't likely to move elsewhere in England.
Dzeko is another that perfectly fits the bill - a little bit more expensive than Llorente but slightly more proven domestically and in Europe I would say. From what I'm hearing though, its only a matter of time before Dzeko arrives so all of this debate is redundant :-)

Personally, I'd love to see Pedro at City - granted he's not a typical striker but with him and Silva interliking, our style of football would improve no end.

Joe

Micah/Boateng-----Kolo------------VK---------Kolarov

NDJ

Yaya----------Barry/Milner

Pedro------------Balo-------------Silva

.....anybody?

Aguero + Dzeko

Aguero is a similar type of player to Tevez and younger.
Dzeko Similar to Ade except more Quality about him.

Kompanyon said:
Luiz Suarez from Ajax is an ideal replacement imo.

Good player but not the sort of player i want to be associated with city, Would only give people more ammo to criticise us, but then again **** em. So basically yea i dont know what to say

Take our pick of some of the worlds best young strikers.

Luis Suarez (23) - 13 goals in 23 games this season.

Edin Dzeko (24) - 8 in 15

Fernando Llorente (25) - 10 in 16

Gonzalo Higuain (23) - 10 in 19

Karim Benzema (22) - 6 in 22

Sergio Aguero (22) - 13 in 17

Any two of these six and I wouldn't be too dissapointed.

Let Carrol prove he's premier league quality before even mentioning him. A few months is not enough. Loads of players have overachieved in their first season.

Besides, I doubt he'd be suitable for the way we play. It'd be good to get someone in who is good in the air but there are players like Dzeko out there that are good in the air but just as good on the deck.

I think Torres and Forlan would make for a good partnership.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.