Courtney Meppen Walter

Vienna_70 said:
Alex the Blue said:
According to the M.E.N. the car was owned by his grandfather so I doubt that the club paid for the insurance. I can't see why the club should pay car insurance for any player.

On a seperate point some years ago I was pulling out of a side street as carefully as I could (or so I thought) cos of parked cars obstructing my view. I was hit by a car that I never saw coming and in my opinion must of been speeding cos it knocked me over to the other side of the road and completely wrote off my car. Luckily I only sustained minor injuries and my wife and baby son escaped un-scathed. I was prosecuted for careless driving. I'm making no comment on the CMW case, I'm just saying what happened in that situation.

A similar thing happened to my mum back in the 70s.

She was pulling out of a side street in our village, when a motorbike came racing through and hit her.

The pillion on the bike was in a coma for weeks, but did make a full recovery and my mum was prosecuted, though I can't remember what she was charged with.

It seemed wrong to me that my mum, who was being careful, was prosecuted, while the bike rider, who must have been going well over the 30mph limit, got off scot-free.

It still seems wrong, even after all these years.

She was obviously not being careful enough, probably done for driving without due care and attention which now equates to careless driving

grim up north said:
Vienna_70 said:
Alex the Blue said:
According to the M.E.N. the car was owned by his grandfather so I doubt that the club paid for the insurance. I can't see why the club should pay car insurance for any player.

On a seperate point some years ago I was pulling out of a side street as carefully as I could (or so I thought) cos of parked cars obstructing my view. I was hit by a car that I never saw coming and in my opinion must of been speeding cos it knocked me over to the other side of the road and completely wrote off my car. Luckily I only sustained minor injuries and my wife and baby son escaped un-scathed. I was prosecuted for careless driving. I'm making no comment on the CMW case, I'm just saying what happened in that situation.

A similar thing happened to my mum back in the 70s.

She was pulling out of a side street in our village, when a motorbike came racing through and hit her.

The pillion on the bike was in a coma for weeks, but did make a full recovery and my mum was prosecuted, though I can't remember what she was charged with.

It seemed wrong to me that my mum, who was being careful, was prosecuted, while the bike rider, who must have been going well over the 30mph limit, got off scot-free.

It still seems wrong, even after all these years.

She was obviously not being careful enough, probably done for driving without due care and attention which now equates to careless driving

I know that by the letter of the law she was in the wrong, but you don't expect a motorbike to come racing through a quiet village.

It is the same principle as the CMW case, but I still think it's wrong that a speeding driver / rider gets off scot-free.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.