Coventry city

IOWBlue

1,789 was their attendance at home to Colchester. I know theyve moved to a new ground ( sixfields ) but that is pitiful for a club that could command mid 20 thousands in the last 40 years. Has any other teams attendances dropped off so much?

IOWBlue said:
1,789 was their attendance at home to Colchester. I know theyve moved to a new ground ( sixfields ) but that is pitiful for a club that could command mid 20 thousands in the last 40 years. Has any other teams attendances dropped off so much?
Would you watch man city if their home games were at Goodison Park ?

cityboy5 said:
IOWBlue said:

Yes. No brainer.

It was only in the early part of the last 40 years that they could command gates of mid 20 thousands.
Their average last season was under 11,000 (third tier) and 15 to 17 thousand for the three seasons before that in the second tier. I assume they gave decent allocations for well supported visiting teams such as Brum, Leeds and Wolves.
They are owned by a set of twunts and the Football League refuse to acknowledge the twunts have led them up the garden path regarding the building of a new stadium in Coventry.

My family moved there when I was younger (dad had promotion from work but took us from Warrington to coventry) - couldn't stand the place (and still can't, my mum still lives in the dump).
Had my City silk scarf removed from my wrist by some 'brave' lad in his late teens when I was aged 10 or 11 (1974 I think) at Highfield Road after a 2-2 game , they actually twatted my mates elder brother first (who was looking after us) who was a cov fan ha ha ha.

I bare grudges like lonely high court judges and for that incident alone plus their storming of the North Stand in the FA Cup in the last minute and for five years at secondary school facing shit on a daily basis for being a City fan - I salute their demise.....

de niro said:
cityboy5 said:
IOWBlue said:

Yes. No brainer.
if your club was run by a load of idiots?
they are in protest and fair fucking play to them....

As I understand it, they decided to build a new ground but couldn't afford to finish it, so they sold it to someone who could, but now they can't afford the rent and have fallen out with the landlords, so in protest they've moved out to a ground with poor facilities, too far away, and not big enough, so most of the fans are protesting by not turning up. In spite of this the team is doing OK (or they were last time I looked).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.