Cover versions you think were better than the originals

What's the story? Why is/isn't it a cover?
Written by Grace Slick for her previous band, The Great Society. Jefferson Airplane liked this song and "Somebody to Love" so much that they asked Grace to join so they could get the songs.

So really Grace is doing a cover of her own song with a different band :-)

The original is really very different and on some days I think I actually like it better.

All along the watchtower
Nothing compares 2 u
Hallelujah
Respect

They’re the ones that come to mind for me. Depending on what mood I’m in, the man who sold the world too.

Written by Grace Slick for her previous band, The Great Society. Jefferson Airplane liked this song and "Somebody to Love" so much that they asked Grace to join so they could get the songs.

So really Grace is doing a cover of her own song with a different band :-)

The original is really very different and on some days I think I actually like it better.

I didn't know that. Every day is a school day : )

Dylan performed Van Morrison’s classic Into The Mystic the other night in Spain. Here it is is. And the lyrics. I feel like I’ve been on Van’s bonnie boat since City won the treble.

We were born before the wind Also younger than the sun Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic Hark, now hear the sailors cry Smell the sea and feel the sky Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home And when the fog horn blows I want to hear it I don't have to fear it And I want to rock your gypsy soul Just like way back in the days of old And magnificently we will flow into the mystic When that fog horn blows you know I will be coming home And when that fog horn whistle blows I got to hear it I don't have to fear it And I want to rock your gypsy soul Just like way back in the days of old And together we will flow into the mystic.

Dylan performed Van Morrison’s classic Into The Mystic the other night in Spain. Here it is is. And the lyrics. I feel like I’ve been on Van’s bonnie boat since City won the treble.

We were born before the wind Also younger than the sun Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic Hark, now hear the sailors cry Smell the sea and feel the sky Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home And when the fog horn blows I want to hear it I don't have to fear it And I want to rock your gypsy soul Just like way back in the days of old And magnificently we will flow into the mystic When that fog horn blows you know I will be coming home And when that fog horn whistle blows I got to hear it I don't have to fear it And I want to rock your gypsy soul Just like way back in the days of old And together we will flow into the mystic.

Brilliant song, but don’t tell me Dylan is better than Van singing it.
There’s no comparison.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.