COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother just told me about this quarantine of over 70s. I told him his house is probably the safest place for him as within a month the numbers in the rest of the population will be huge.
Here in Spain essentially 40 million people are quarantined regardless of age.

Speaking of the horse racing we should see a massive outbreak in Cheltenham soon if it really was the danger that people said it was.

250,000 visitors to the racecourse over the 4 days, 2.5x the population of the town and most of them ate drank and slept in Cheltenham and the surrounding area too.

4-5 days standard time to show symptoms, today is 5 days from Day 1 of racing.

The outbreak won't be in Cheltenham it will be all over Ireland.

Lol. I spent last week religiously washing my hands before i bought my sarnie from Sainsburys then realised I had been pressing the screen on the self service till at the exact same place as every other fucker using it.

Use your knuckles, a lot less likely you touch your face with them until you get home to wash hands.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...d-see-79m-hospitalised?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Spring 2021!

“For the public to hear that it could last for 12 months, people are going to be really upset about that and pretty worried about that”, said Paul Hunter, a professor of medicine at the University of East Anglia.

“A year is entirely plausible. But that figure isn’t well appreciated or understood,” added Hunter, an expert in epidemiology.

“I think it will dip in the summer, towards the end of June, and come back in November, in the way that usual seasonal flu does. I think it will be around forever, but become less severe over time, as immunity builds up,” he added.

The admission that the virus will continue to cause problems for another year appears to undermine hopes that the arrival of warmer weather this summer would kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.