COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has ever said this.

This is such a frustrating part of modern discourse which makes it impossible to have a proper national conversation.

WHO and governments say something like "the death rate under 40 is 0.012%" and then some anonymous doctors says "its not true young people wont get ill I treated ome last week!".
A dr on the front line is saying it,he is not saying they are dying just that it is a myth it only affects old people who are ill anyway,read it properly

Kids that were in are not at all in work mode, treating it very much like the last days before a holiday.

You're basically just a glorified childcare right now for workers who would have to stop working if the schools closed.

Nor to trivialise that by the way - its keeping the economy and NHS going.

A dr on the front line is saying it,he is not saying they are dying just that it is a myth it only affects old people who are ill anyway,read it properly

It's not a myth! For it to be a myth people would have to be actually saying it.

So what is the actual state of play with isolating now, from what I understand if you display symptoms you isolate for 7 days but now I’m hearing if you do your whole family has to isolate for 14!! So is it 7 or 14. I’m confused as fuck.
Because they assume that family members wil catch it at different rates so 14 days isolation should cover everyonr

No one has ever said this.

This is such a frustrating part of modern discourse which makes it impossible to have a proper national conversation.

WHO and governments say something like "the death rate under 40 is 0.012%" or that no one under 59 has died in the UK and then some anonymous doctors says "its not true young people wont get ill I treated ome last week!".

There will be people from every single demographic that die from this, but we're putting special precautions to protect old people because their chance of dying is 100x that of a 30-40 year old.

This all day long. I know positive news is few and far between but there must be some good news stories going on regarding this. What with the conspiracies flying around and the constant fear everywhere I look its draining the life from me. I keep clinging to the stats and that not many people in the scheme of things are catching it or dying, but the fear really is taking over.

So what is the actual state of play with isolating now, from what I understand if you display symptoms you isolate for 7 days but now I’m hearing if you do your whole family has to isolate for 14!! So is it 7 or 14. I’m confused as fuck.

7 if you live on your own.

14 if you live with others.

You spread it most often in the first 3-4 days, with 7 being about maximum, so a family member could get it on the 7th day in which case you need to quarantine for 14 days. I think thats the gist of it.

Although theoretically it should be 7 days per person.

Last edited:

Everyone is confused mate,even the "think they know by promoting figures brigade" are as confused as people like me and you.

If in doubt get to the pub I say...…………...oh hang on a minute

I think the key to this is understanding how many have it and are not showing major symptoms.

I heard of another mate who has gone down with it today and everywhere I turn someone is coughing.

Getting the tests out to check on people who have had it and have built up immunity is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.