COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

New r0 estimates coming out, based on retrospecive view of the orginal outbreak in China.

currently not peer reviewed but apparently from a very reputable source.

new r0 coming in at 4.7 - 6.6 with a doubling every 2.4 days.

One of the lads in work is saying i should be sending anyone who has a bit of a cold home, even if they haven't been away or know of someone who has they may have been near someone who's been near someone who's been ............

Am i the only one who thinks this is a little extreme?

It's fucking winter for gods sake, people get colds all the time.

i don't think so. It is deadly to the vulnerable and it appears to be transferred pretty easily

The main concern is a complete lack of political leadership and solid advice. I find the idea of self-isolation pretty weak - there should be tents outside hospitals where testing is possible

Guy I work with is going to Taiwan tomorrow for 2 weeks. Do you think it would be wrong of me to raise an issue with management as to what procedure will be when he comes back to work. He's a stupid scouser who won't give a shit if he's ill or not and just come strolling in coughing.
I have copd so this would finish me off of I catch anything.

If a company has the ability to work from home it make a lot of sense to do it now.

I can imagine the scene where everyone is at home a part of Deliveroo drivers...

Whilst that is tongue in cheek, there is some truth in it. I could work from home full-time if necessary but plenty can't. Some people have sick pay and understanding bosses but some don't -the landlord will still have his hand out.

It's PMQs shortly so hopefully the our Supreme Leader will have sound advice and guidance. LBC is a good listen at the moment on the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.