COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A local guy I know who’s 85 and not in the best health is continuing to go to the pub.

There’s three lads at work who are currently at a pub quiz.

The government really needs to close them because people aren’t and won’t listen.
Tbf if i was 85 i would go to the pub,life is too short at that age to be stuck in wasting time,they have been through everything

Blimey! in that case give him a slap!!

My old dad lived to 92 before he died. The last ten after my mum died were miserable. My wonderful sister and her brilliant husband moved in with him and looked after him after my mum died. I went to visit every couple of months. Number 1 son. He told me things he would never say to them. He was waiting to die. Over the ten years he just grew more and more sad. Eventually time bought up with him. He could have fought it but he had no appetite. old age is not all it's cracked up to be. Especially when the one person you have lived with and for is taken from you.

OK, that's the wine talking. I will delete this tomorrow and resume my heartless unfeeling tory **** persona from then on.
My Grandad is 83 and he once told me that his Dad, who lived to 98, had had enough and that he felt like the end of a long day when you’re ready to go to sleep was what he felt about life.

*imagine that came to mind...
drunk-driving-attorneys-los-angeles.jpg

Food only unless you're walking (only a 3-minute walk for me). They will start doing delivery too with special rates for the elderly and anybody in self-isolation. It's a good way to keep the business going over these tough times and provides a good service for the villagers.

Blimey! in that case give him a slap!!

My old dad lived to 92 before he died. The last ten after my mum died were miserable. My wonderful sister and her brilliant husband moved in with him and looked after him after my mum died. I went to visit every couple of months. Number 1 son. He told me things he would never say to them. He was waiting to die. Over the ten years he just grew more and more sad. Eventually time bought up with him. He could have fought it but he had no appetite. old age is not all it's cracked up to be. Especially when the one person you have lived with and for is taken from you.

OK, that's the wine talking. I will delete this tomorrow and resume my heartless unfeeling tory **** persona from then on.

Its a tough time mate. I always thought it was about quality rather than quantity but my mums last few years ravaged by cancer were no fun for any of us. I was with her when she died and by Christ she fought for every breath - it was a mercy in the end and I console myself with the thought that it was a reflex action but when I think about it I often wonder whether there is something inside you that no matter how bad life is there is something that fights to keep you here, It haunts me 12 years on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.