COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a similar issue with my missus she’s from Baden and non too pleased with Swiss efforts thus far until the step change today. Only slight positive I can see so far with this situation is that I might not have to go over this year.
Ha, that’s 30 minutes from where my missus grew up.

I actually like Switzerland, though, and get along well with her family, especially the groom-to-be as he is a YB season ticket holder and he has gotten me in to a few matches over the years. We were meant to go to their last of the season before the wedding but that is definitely not happening (and it looks increasingly unlikely we’ll go to any at all).

I'm sure I didn't catch the joke...

Do you have any hope the wedding will take place?
Parking alone is difficult in Switzerland and I have a feeling they won't allow a corona-party.
There was some tongue-in-cheek (@Gelsons Dad is a saucy minx). And parking can be tricky, but it’s not a problem where they live in Bern — the real challenge is avoiding the bears whilst boating in. ;-)

But we just got a message off the missus’ godmother (her best friend’s mum) today and it is looking like it will be postponed, it’s just something the bride is very reluctant to make official just yet.

Blimey! in that case give him a slap!!

My old dad lived to 92 before he died. The last ten after my mum died were miserable. My wonderful sister and her brilliant husband moved in with him and looked after him after my mum died. I went to visit every couple of months. Number 1 son. He told me things he would never say to them. He was waiting to die. Over the ten years he just grew more and more sad. Eventually time bought up with him. He could have fought it but he had no appetite. old age is not all it's cracked up to be. Especially when the one person you have lived with and for is taken from you.

OK, that's the wine talking. I will delete this tomorrow and resume my heartless unfeeling tory **** persona from then on.

I've been with my Mrs for 17 years, married for 12 and I hope I get at least 10 years after she's gone ;)

You are not joking. I used to live in Basel and have street parking (you even pay for that). When we moved HQ to Zurich I drove back and forth each day. There is nothing worse than getting home after 2 hours of traffic jams only to find there is no parking left in your postcode. Park round the corner and wake up to a 60chf fine!!
Great.
You think that is bad, try living in any city in the US.

Switzerland is a giant parking lot by comparison. ;-)

Another classic from Metrolink today. They swapped the usual double tram I get in the mornings for a single tram, presumably as a result of less volume of passengers. I am assuming they would argue this is to do with reducing the carbon footprint etc but the tram was rammed when we got to town so it was difficult for anyone not exactly thrilled to have to go to work to attempt to keep their distance from people. They really don't think things through.

Another classic from Metrolink today. They swapped the usual double tram I get in the mornings for a single tram, presumably as a result of less volume of passengers. I am assuming they would argue this is to do with reducing the carbon footprint etc but the tram was rammed when we got to town so it was difficult for anyone not exactly thrilled to have to go to work to attempt to keep their distance from people. They really don't think things through.

I’m not sure if the transport sector attracts useless cunts or if you become one when you join but those at Metrolink and Northern Rail are about as useful as a cat flap in an elephant house.

@Gelsons Dad — slightly off topic (ha!), but this is one of my favourite recent illustrations of how bad parking has gotten in most major US cities (I live in a smaller city and it is even horrid here; there’s a 5 year waiting list for monthly lease spots in any of the local parking garages).

West Village Billionaire Creates Fake Parking Spot For Himself

There is no garage at Gottesman’s pad — but that didn’t stop him from putting a no parking sign on the side of the building

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...rking-spot-for-himself-neighbors-say/1629973/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.