COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karen, I cited the boss of one of the best medical companies around who is in talks with Germany and EU politicians every day now. Maybe he knows better about the regulations and their (potential in extraordinary circumstances) flexibility.
Our chief medical officer says it would be amazing if we get it in a year even,clinical trials and getting it licenced cannot be short cutted

In most cases (where the patient dies), once a loved has gone to hospital, the family do not get the chance to see them again to say goodbye
In all cases where they die in hospital. It's one of the saddest things about this situation really. My grandma only learned about it yesterday on tv, she didn't know it would be like that, we've tried to keep her spirits up during phone calls though.
Throw loo role or instead of using plastic bullets, use a magazine of penne pasta to take out anyone defying the lock down.
Raw penne can hurt, I suggest using tomato sauce as well for effect.
Second fatality here in Portugal is the president of Santander Portugal
Wow pretty high-profile for your second death.

Are your supply chains open?
I don't actually know what the score is on all that. I do smoke some weed still but have not bought any for over a month so not sure, i assume the home grown market is still strong. I have no idea about stronger stuff like crack. Crack is a form of cocaine isn't it so i suppose that supply chain will be messed up. If the illegal hard drug market carries on as normal at least we know it is all coming in via shipping or has that been halted to?

I know a fella that sells regular sniff so i'll ask him just out of pure curiosity.

The police down here in Cadiz are just fine. All these veiled comments re liberal UK Vs authoritarian Europeans are bollocks. The biggest problems in Spain appear to be drunken brits on holiday and the police are showing admirable restraint.
I am happy Cadiz are just fine.

I’m part Spanish, having grown up splitting time between Zaragoza and Manchester (as well as a few others places due to my parent’s work), have lived in Barcelona for a decent period since going off on my own, have quite a bit of family there still, and go back quite often after moving away later, so I generally know how things are there, mate (though, it can still vary substantially depending on what city/region we are discussing).

My comments were mostly in jest, hence the elipsis and winks, but I can also say that the Guardia Civil, CNP, and local police forces can be just as “good” and “bad” as most other law enforcement around the world. That said, at times, there are certain contingents (specifically some local police forces for certain municipalities) that can be overzealous (to put it mildly) when there is the appearance of civil disorder. That does not mean Cadiz would be among them. Mine were blanket jokes but I rarely make blanket serious statements as they are rarely accurate.

I completely agree that drunken brits do often cause plenty of issues that need “addressing”, though! ;-)

Well speaking about funerals in general, you can't have ceremonies in church obviously. Those will need to be postponed to when we can go out again.
What you'll have is the bare and simple burial, with a very small group of only close family attending. I know it because my friend's grandma died of stroke a couple days ago and they had a quick burial with only close family attending. They had a priest there say some words.
As for covid-related deaths though, there is more safety measures in place of course. I don't know the specifics but once the body is taken from the hospital I reckon they allow a burial with some family attending maybe? I don't know I'll have to inform myself. I'll get back to you.

Edit: alright apparently if it's a covid-related death the undertakers/funeral parlours need to be in full protective gear and sanitize everything of course, plus very few people can attend the burial. The problem is in the worst hit towns (like Bergamo) they've been having trouble finding room in their graveyards so you either have them wait more for the coffin to be buried or you cremate them. So a lot of covid-19 victims in some northern towns are being cremated.
Thanks for your reply, bad times.

One of my sons seems to have just come through CV under self isolation I was just thinking this morning about how I/we'd deal with everything should the worst have happened.

Once again I wish you, your family & everyone else well.

Sorry SB replying to posts without seeing any later ones (including yours).
Incidentally, just seen BBC reporting that Madrid police made more than 500 fines yesterday re people travelling outside allowed reasons.
We have to make up some of the ‘massive’ upcoming budget shortfall somehow!

Schools in Scotland and Wales to shut on Friday. Surely the English ones will follow.
I think it's disgraceful that teachers aren't getting tested. It's like they don't count. I've had to self isolate and have obviously had the virus but can't get a test. That's because if I was diagnosed the school would have to be shut down. It's a game that could cost lives. My colleagues have elderly parents who they are now probably passing it onto. And how many kids will have it without showing symptoms. Million? Also, if I was tested and shown to have it, I could then help society when fully clear - when they eventually close schools down - by running errands for old people, collecting prescriptions, wheels on meals... anything. I will be on full pay after-all. Teaches are very lucky as they/we will be financially ok, but we're probably the most at risk group in the country for catching it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.