COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just to add, it's clear from this thread that there are many people who's health and well-being is suffering as a consequence of the fear and anxiety brought about by this crisis. It's unfathomable to me why someone with a background in healthcare would knowing add to the trouble. I would have expected the opposite.
I said something a week or 2 ago,someone tagged me today so i had to clarify what i said before,dom added a whole novel to what i actually said,i am not saying anything to alarm anyone,it was a comment about the testing and recording of patients who had exsisting chest conditions in a specific setting and not scaremongering ,there is NO way i am doing anything else,in this thread i have posted facts from sky news with my own experience as having tested positive and being ill,it is a pity the usual 2/3 people who don't like me have piled in
Move along and pm me if you want to continue

New cases and deaths in the Uk up but lower than I expected.
New cases is now simply a measure of how many people have:
1. Contacted 111 due to being at risk and have reported symptoms and have subsequently tested positive; - OR -
2. Have contacted 999 due to having breathing difficulties and have subsequently tested positive.

This equates to about 8% (plucking a guestimate figure out of the air) of actual new cases, so multiply new cases by 100 and divide by 8 to get a rough guide to the number of actual new cases.

That's 825 based on the reported rise of 66 on Wednesday. [ EDIT: This figure is actually to 9am on Thurday 19th March]

Those numbers though are still pretty good in my opinion.

Last edited:
They are testing people admitted to hospital, so it tells us roughly how many are in hospital from it.

Yes but before they were testing a wider group, so we'd expect the numbers of reported infections to be falling, even when it isn't.

1. Contacted 111 due to being at risk and have reported symptoms and have subsequently tested positive; - OR -
2. Have contacted 999 due to having breathing difficulties and have subsequently tested positive.

This equates to about 8% (plucking a guestimate figure out of the air) of actual new cases, so multiply new cases by 100 and divide by 8 to get a rough guide to the number of actual new cases.
That's 825 based on the reported rise of 66.

Pretty much , the case though using those figures as an indicator ten todays increase of 825 compared to yeterdays 8450 using the same formula is either a blip or a sign measures are having an impact quicker than inother countries. Guess we'll see over the next few days.

That's 825 based on the reported rise of 66.

ji0JQ.png

= This virus isn’t very good

So why is that not listed as one of the symptoms??
The main symptoms were cough,sore throat,high temp and difficulty breathing,the sore throat was probably because of the coughing which was relentless and from my throat to my lungs felt on fire,as before i will stress again i am in bad health already and the average person will NOT get it that bad,most people it is a mild illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.