COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn’t realise it was that bad on your side, must be really hard people in high rise apartments with kids, how are the peoples spirits?
People seem ok. In fact a poll just taken said 95% are happy with the government's restrictions.
I think people understood the gravity of the situation from the news coming out of Italy.
Seems Portugal relatively unscathed. Hope that continues.

Italy have locked down further if that’s even possible - does this indicate they are still getting transmissions during lockdown

Italy is taking even tougher measures; closing all parks and telling people they can only exercise around their homes, Reuters reports. The country’s health minister has said Italians “must do more” to contain the outbreak.
Our main supplies at work come from Italy and we've been told not to expect anything in the foreseeable future. Same message from our French suppliers.
Our office workers will be ok though. They're the most important people ( even though they self isolate anyway before any of this started). Us shop floor workers have been told that we're essential to keep producing. Very soon, we'll not be able to produce anything. When we asked if there's any point in going in work if we haven't got any materials, we were told that we could paint the walls or other menial tasks.
They honestly don't give a fuck if we pass this virus around amongst ourselves and take it home to our families.
Boss's will never change. They might go on courses to use different terminology to appear more sincere and less heartless but they'll always be twats.

A Major in the army. All police leave cancelled until July too apparently.
Sorry mate but the reason for being sceptical is that several rumours have started this week on the basis of comments from senior police or army personnel. Only trouble is some said immediate lockdown, others lockdown from Monday, others London lockdown only.

Clearly something is imminent and they are being put on readiness. However I suspect your source is talking bollocks about the specifics.

Anyway, we shall see tomorrow.

FWIW, Italy's stats updated again. A bad day with figures higher than we might have hoped. +627 more dead is clearly terrible and whilst the numbers continue to climb, their health service struggles more and more. But there is still a downward trend on the percentage of new daily deaths.

Screenshot-2020-03-20-at-17-45-22.png

Worth pointing out that their last 5 days have seen under 20% growth in the numbers of deaths. Whereas the previous 13 days only saw 2 days below that level.

Are Italy testing everyone? Or have they done self isolation and no testing required for some too?

German v Italy death rates being explained by German doctor C4

1. skiers coming back from Austria and Italy make up a lot of infections so they are much younger on the infection rates - he thinks this will change

2. They have tested more than Italy and UK

You're gonna order Chinese?

I won't be ordering takeaways for a long time.

Firstly, due to cost, but mainly because nobody knows how hygienic staff will be when preparing.
you think same as me,,,i do a bit of delivering over the weekends and not sure if il be going in tomo or not,dealing with the public and possible contaminated notes,is it realy worth it for the amount i get,when i deliver a meal its passed through 5 hands to get to the customer so def a risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.