COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The green grocers still have fruit and veg,any type of multivitam in any guise will help,have a look in your local chemist,people have gone for the obvious vit c and borroca type ones but there are plenty in different guises,even ones for kids will do
plenty of fruit & veg available,wouldnt it be nice if parents gave this to there kids instead of 2 donner kebabs for a quid at herron foods

Doesn’t justify it though. It’s fucking idiocy, and selfish as fuck. Why the government didn’t force them to close earlier is beyond me.

I think the government realises that you have to get the public to completely buy into the restrictions - in Italy yesterday the PM made a plea for people to stop moving about and going out unnecessarily. The ICL report was based on 75% of people socially isolating by 75%. The "stay at home if your family member is ill" procedure is expected to only be followed by 50%.

So I think we are building up to these measures because you've got to make the % of people who don't want to follow them accept them instead of rebelling against them.

Also I think leaving the pubs open has lead to 80% of the country being pretty vocal about how much they disapprove of the other 20% who haven't taken it seriously which might help with societal pressure to stick to the full lockdown we'll be on by next week. There's going to be some real shaming of people who go outside unnecessarily.

Lastly I don't know how long the government expects to be on full lockdown (8 weeks? 12?) but I think if you can extend that by adding 2 weeks of soft shutdown adhered to by the majority now, the overall effect might be better.

I think they've got good reasons for not just closing all schools and businesses and locking everyone in a la China 10 days ago.

As someone mentioned Hospital beds and space are running out already.
Closing Hotels and using them as hospitals would ease the burden.
Absolutely agree with this. If I couldn't use a hotel because it had been taken for medical reasons then I would applaud it and sleep in my car if i had to. But closing for no reason (which you implied) makes no sense. Apologies if I got wires crossed blue.

I have a nephew working in the US so just been watching CNN, wow the yanks are going to suffer, most if not all the fast food and restaurant businesses are laying people of. Number claims unemployment insurance they call it has jumped up 2.5m in days. As most of you know there are thousands of these fast food places in the US. On a lighter note it has just shown a drone taking a dog for a walk !

I have a nephew working in the US so just been watching CNN, wow the yanks are going to suffer, most if not all the fast food and restaurant businesses are laying people of. Number claims unemployment insurance they call it has jumped up 2.5m in days. As most of you know there are thousands of these fast food places in the US. On a lighter note it has just shown a drone taking a dog for a walk !
its going to go off over there when it gets bad, looting civil disorder etc,its a recipe for disaster with all the guns about, i think trump will end up chucking his toys from the pram and end up launching one on the chinese

The italy death thing thing is very much age related I'm afraid. Care homes are like killing fields and the traditional Italian greeting breaths virus all over your friends face and has spread the virus at breakneck pace through the population. Also the isolation of Lombardy for a week was totally ineffective.

It's dreadful and so fecking sad. My thoughts and prayers are with them every day.

It's hard to overestimate this. The UK's entire 5000 critical care beds would be taken up if 7,000 over 80's got infected together.

It would take 80,000 40-49 year olds getting simultaneously sick to do the same, or 45,000 50-59 year olds.

So when Italy's old population got hit hard and early they filled up all the critical care beds (for roughly 2 weeks each) and then they've been overrun ever since and that's now lead to more young people dying as well, because they can't be treated properly.

That's why it's so, so, so important for old and at risk people to be isolated.

Never mind the economy, presumably the absence of a public health care system means this pandemic could be absolutely catastrophic over there.

its going to go off over there when it gets bad, looting civil disorder etc,its a recipe for disaster with all the guns about, i think trump will end up chucking his toys from the pram and end up launching one on the chinese
I know what you mean, saw a report last week about the sale of guns and ammo going through the roof...it will be like the walking dead tv series soon !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.