COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A young lad at work yesterday asked if I was going to a lockdown party last night.
Apparently this is what youngsters will do now
If this mentally is the future of the 'civilised world' maybe us older ones popping off will be the best option.

Someone posted earlier that all the people in the boozers last night will be laying siege to hospitals if they even sneeze.

Cunts the lot of them.

To be fair, I had forgotten I had quoted it once before. Still, it illustrates the point. Just over 3 weeks ago, I - one of the most alarmist on here probably - casually went for pub lunch without giving it a care in the world. How things have changed in only 3 weeks.

And unrelated, this self isolation lark is all well and good but my Mum is 85 and lives alone in Poynton, 200 miles from me. I've got an online shop coming for her on Tuesday (for which she will probably not get half the things ordered) and after that there are no delivery slots available from any of the supermarkets, nothing. It's not a question of slots being weeks off, there simply are none. WTF is someone supposed to do??? I had thought this shopping madness would calm down in a week or so, but it seems to have got worse. We got an online shop delivered last night and most of the essentials were absent. No milk, no bread. No substitutions, just nothing.
We do not need bread or milk or toilet roll. They are not essential.

There are a hundreds of thousands of things we can eat and drink that don’t require bread or milk. Dry cereal is perfectly edible and black coffee and tea are perfectly drinkable. And we can wash our arses clean.

Shampoo, shower gel, deodorant and toothpaste are not essential, a flannel/toothbrush and water while not ideal will still do the trick.

Essentials are: vegetables, roots, fruit, nuts, legumes, meat, birds, fish, and cleaning products.

Even then we do not need to eat three meals a day, we do not even have to eat every day. If the nation went on a 5-2 diet we’d all be more healthy, we’d look better and we’d ease the strain on the supermarkets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plenty of evidence for the following helping:
1. High potassium diet - nearly everyone hospitalised has Hypokalemia (potassium deficiency). Potatoes, Squashes, Broccoli, Kale Tomatoes, citrus fruit, Bananas, etc help.
2. One tab of multivitamins a day with at least 200% RDA of Vitamin D
3. From first sign of infection 2 tabs per day of...
- Vitamin C + Zinc &
- Echinacea
4. After infection detected gargle with very warm boiled water with1/3 teaspoon of salt. It only delays the build up of virus in the lungs but each hour of delay gives the body more time to fight.

It ain't a cure but there is a lot of evidence to say that all of the above helps.

Many get a really bad sore throat but for many it's non existant or barely noticable (like I got) early doors.
Those at risk who manage their blood pressure may notice their blood presdure going up in the days before the hammer hits.

Here is some evidence to back up the above claims. There is plenty of it.
1. Hypokalemia (potassium deficiency).
https://www.thailandmedical.news/ne...lemia-present-in-almost-all-covid-19-patients
Clearly, having naturally high levels of Potassium can only help.
WARNINGS:
- DO NOT INCREASE THE LEVEL OF POTASSiUM IN YOUR BODY UNNATURALLY! IT CAN BE FATAL
- Some people with Kidney disease need to have a low potassium diet.
- Some asthma medication lowers potassium levels but the medicine literature will tell you to have a high potassium diet to counter this.
https://www.msdmanuals.com/en-gb/ho...pokalemia-low-level-of-potassium-in-the-blood
If in doubt talk to a doctor.

2. Vitamin D.
WHO: https://www.who.int/elena/titles/commentary/vitamind_pneumonia_children/en/
Vitamin D and Coronavirus (take some of this evidence with a pinch of salt but the volume of evidence is overwhelming): https://vitamindwiki.com/COVID-19+Coronavirus+can+most+likely+be+fought+by+Vitamin+D
Taking too much Vitamin D can be bad for you, but with the UK climate, and it's lack of sunlight, most people are naturally slightly deficient.

3. Boosting the immune system
3.1.1 Vitamin C:
Is isn't a wonder drug or silver bullet, but it does help in the fight against lung infections.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2099400/
Having a balanced diet is key to fighting any infection and taking a multivitamin is sufficient to boost your system, but when you get ill, every little boost helps.

3.1.2 Zinc:
Zinc is a well known aid to help against cold and flu. The reason is it interferes with RNA virus replication.
Is isn't a wonder drug or a silver bullet, but it does help when you get ill.
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Replication_of_These_Viruses_in_Cell_Culture

3.2 Echinacea:
There is plenty of evidence out there that indicates that this extract is a natural anti-viral medicine.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4058675/

4. Gargling with very warm salt water
Plenty of rebuttal evidence out there for this. Especially if you have high blood pressue (so don't if you have)
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/gargling-eliminate-coronavirus/
But... Gargling with salt water does ease a sore throat. Warm water is better still. You only need a little salt though 1/3 of a teaspoon for a small beaker. Also any delay in virus build up gives your body more time to fight it. So it ain't a cure but unless you've got high blood pressure it's worthwhile.

I should also have mentioned that if you have Asthma you need to make sure you are managing your illness to the best if your ability. The higher your peak flow level if you get Coronavirus, the more likely you are to NOT need medical intervention.

Last edited:
To be fair, I had forgotten I had quoted it once before. Still, it illustrates the point. Just over 3 weeks ago, I - one of the most alarmist on here probably - casually went for pub lunch without giving it a care in the world. How things have changed in only 3 weeks.

And unrelated, this self isolation lark is all well and good but my Mum is 85 and lives alone in Poynton, 200 miles from me. I've got an online shop coming for her on Tuesday (for which she will probably not get half the things ordered) and after that there are no delivery slots available from any of the supermarkets, nothing. It's not a question of slots being weeks off, there simply are none. WTF is someone supposed to do??? I had thought this shopping madness would calm down in a week or so, but it seems to have got worse. We got an online shop delivered last night and most of the essentials were absent. No milk, no bread. No substitutions, just nothing.

Yep this is the scary thing now. I've just gone to do my online shopping as normal but thought I'd be good and do a click and collect one, keep the delivery slots free for those who need them. Next available time, Tuesday 7th April.....

For those over 70 year olds, completely appalled by yesterday's reports from BBC correspondents that isolation could last for 12 months, this is not the most likely explanation.

Please find below a tweet from the scientist whose work lies behind the current suppression model. The graphic (not his work but he endorses it) considers the medium term.

In particular see the timescale and 'the Dance'.

The BBC says to be aware of social media misinformation. They should perhaps consider that some of their own reports of 12 months of isolation are actually not supported by the best science. They are worse case scenarios.

I thought this was important to circulate as my over 70s parents were completely dismayed by the prospect of 12 months of this. They have new grandchildren who they are waiting desperately to see.

Marvin.

You have credited this guy as "the scientist whose work lies behind the current suppression model and says he endorses the medium article.

That's not true.

You've posted a tweet from NIALL Ferguson and the scientist is NEIL Ferguson.

They guy you've linked is an American historian.

Quite a funny mix up, but an important distinction between the endorsement of an author and a genuine expert. The giveaway was that this guy says "it is vital that policymakers (in the US and UK especially) get this message" - something I'm sure the real Neil Ferguson would never say on account of a) He's in daily contact with them already and b) he's already published the actual research showing what the medium article is copying, but a week earlier.

Last edited:

There are a hundreds of thousands of things we can eat and drink that don’t require bread or milk. Dry cereal is perfectly edible and black coffee and tea are perfectly drinkable. And we can wash our arses clean.

Even shampoo and toothpaste are not essential, a flannel/toothbrush and water while not ideal will still do the trick.

Essentials are: vegetables, roots, fruit, nuts, legumes, meat, birds, fish, and cleaning products.

Even then we do not need to eat three meals a day, we do not even have to eat every day. If the nation went on a 5-2 diet we’d all be more healthy, we’d look better and we’d ease the strain on the supermarkets.
Absolutely spot on. Especially with regards to bog roll. No one is in any rush in lockdown. Just take a shower after a dump.

Not too much probably but it’s about reducing risk and buying food is essential.
The club has implemented a protocol, no rakes, don't touch the flag, keep your distance etc. As long as the greens staff stay healthy and are able to maintain the course we should be ok. I know there are bigger fish to fry but it will be good for our morale.

Shampoo, shower gel, deodorant and toothpaste are not essential, a flannel/toothbrush and water while not ideal will still do the trick.

Clarkie, I presume.

Yep this is the scary thing now. I've just gone to do my online shopping as normal but thought I'd be good and do a click and collect one, keep the delivery slots free for those who need them. Next available time, Tuesday 7th April.....
At least you have the 7th April. For my Mum, there is nothing. No slots whatsoever with any of the supermarkets. Sainsburys are not even accepting new registrations.

The Clarkie above talking about essentials. Well I would have thought getting *something* was essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.