COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly yes, all those Americans rushing back when flights were cancelling will wish they stayed where they were.
No national health service, queues for more guns. Its not going to be good

The scenes for spring break in Florida last week was like a benefit concert for Covid19 - Good effort Don!

Sadly yes, all those Americans rushing back when flights were cancelling will wish they stayed where they were.
No national health service, queues for more guns. Its not going to be good
Trying to apply logic, I think the US healthcare system is wholly inadequate to deal with a widespread epidemic within its borders. Whilst ostensibly of a generally high standard, their system is too fragmented and disjointed and the historical absence of free healthcare at the point of delivery will provide a cultural obstacle that will be difficult (maybe even impossible) to overcome, even if such a limitation is temporarily lifted. They have (I suspect) the largest population on the planet with (largely self-inflicted) underlying health issues, principally centred around morbid obesity, which this disease will cut a swathe through, as well as their elderly who comprise a significant part of their population.

Think their numbers will be far worse than ours, as we seem to be running a co-ordinated policy around hospitals etc.

This will, in turn, give rise to significant public order issues, which present particular problems due to widespread gun ownership and the prevailing culture which encourages their use.

It could get very ugly indeed.

Trying to apply logic, I think the US healthcare system is wholly inadequate to deal with a widespread epidemic within its borders. Whist ostensibly of a generally high standard, their system is too fragmented and disjointed and the historical absence of free healthcare at the point of delivery will provide a cultural obstacle that will be difficult (maybe even impossible) to overcome, even if such a limitation is temporarily lifted. They have (I suspect) the largest population on the planet with (largely self-inflicted) underlying health issues, principally centred around morbid obesity, which this disease will cut a swathe through, as well as their elderly who comprise a significant part of their population.

Think their numbers will be far worse than ours, as we seem to be running a co-ordinated policy around hospitals etc.

This will, in turn, give rise to significant public order issues, which present particular problems due to widespread gun ownership and the prevailing culture which encourages their use.

It could get very ugly indeed.

They will be far worse than ours but we'll have to judge against size of population too. Belgium and Indonesia look in a bad way too.

Just watching bbc news.
They will look to see if more needs to be done as far as social distancing.
Why the fuck are we not in a complete lockdown now

There is madness about but sometimes depends when you go out. I left the house at 7am to tend to a community garden (that I volunteered at before the virus stopped the group). I knew I wouldn’t come into contact with anyone at that time.

I then went to work on a friend's garden for the rest of the day but they just stayed in the house. When I’m not working I just stay in my house. Being self-employed these days means I can’t afford to stay in 100% percent of the time (unless a lockdown is mandated) and I’m mitigating the risks.

I’m not saying people shouldn’t go out. I’d advise against going to a park where goodness how many people will be there to feed the ducks.

I’d also question someone who still thinks their little girl will find a venue for the birthday party

I’m not saying people shouldn’t go out. I’d advise against going to a park where goodness how many people will be there to feed the ducks.

I’d also question someone who still thinks their little girl will find a venue for the birthday party

I agree mate. People who are either oblivious to the risks or feel it is their obligation to be in the company of others place themselves and their families at greater risk.

it’s sad to see that at least 40 Priests have died in Italy and they won’t get a burial. Maybe they saw it as their calling to keep in contact with their local communities and they were in the high risk (70 plus) age group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.