COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what I don't get is this.
Germany far more cases than the UK.
Far more new cases eg today almost 4,000
Yet far fewer deaths.
We aren’t testing so there could be tens of thousands more with it than in Germany.

Don’t think it will be a complete lockdown tonight, probably just all non essential shops to close.

We aren’t testing so there could be tens of thousands more with it than in Germany.
Why would there be? Their cases started before ours and they did not lock down particularly early. For this to be the reason, we would have to have 10x to 15x more cases than them. Seems very unlikely to me.

If the Daily Mail comments I read yesterday are anything to go by, there's people who appear to be defending themselves for hanging out yesterday, not happy at being told to stay home, pointing fingers complaining our borders not being shut down completely. I'm guessing that will happen first, or at the same time.

I gathered (although no idea who decides what "under control" means vs "out of control" - 3 days vs 4 days? Tomayto - Tomarto. Who cares - it's all shit).

I was simply pointing out that doubling every 3 days is +26% per day. That is all.

3 days vs. 4 days makes a massive difference.

Over a month if you start at 1 that's the difference between 1024 people dying or 128.

It's the difference between scenes like in itlay of bodies piled up in schools waiting to be buried and people dying through lack of treatment, or keeping it under the NHS capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.