COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. bluemoon32

bluemoon32

Roads still pretty busy with loads still having to go to work

2. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

There's gonna be millions of people that this 'lockdown' barely touches.

Fordyboy46 likes this.
  3. antspider

antspider

Construction company I used to work for still have several sites in London open!

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Blue Maverick

Blue Maverick

Sports direct are essential workers, they are having a fucking laugh, a quick phone call from Boris should sort them twats out in.

5. Blue Maverick

Blue Maverick

This is not going to work clearly, expect this to be ramped up in a few days.

spanishblue likes this.
  6. Marvin

Marvin

I thought this was lockdown. It doesn't seem like it is because many employers outside of the retail sector are still working.

The government keep turning the screw a little tighter but what we need is a nail, and hammer and just do the job. It's almost as if they are still trying to perform a controlled infection of the herd whilst keeping the at risk safe.

7. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

At least he has started on.the correct approach. Powers to enforce need Gov approval as does most other measures.
    Spain's legal system allowed its Gov to take charge of police, army and most of its overnight emergency measures so control was immediate.
    Incidentally police still gave us 3 days to warn rather than fine and army are there mostly as a border protection measure I think (can't verify cos we're in lockdown).

8. It’s pretty essential that when you venture outside for your one session of exercise you have access to some towelling Slazenger socks.

Last edited: 24 Mar 2020
  9. Gaylord du Bois

Gaylord du Bois

Classed as essential items, nowadays.

10. AlgarveBlu

AlgarveBlu

wasn’t suggesting you did - I just get irate when I read reports of their media almost gloating that they’ve stopped it now and how Italy have had more fatalities just as a PR exercise to cover up the fucking mess they caused in the first place after vowing first time round to clamp down on this. Releasing the true data on hospitalizations, fatalities and observations would have been invaluable to the scientific community.

smudgedj, Dubai Blue and lancs blue like this.