COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. antspider

antspider

Mr Gove said “all major construction work should go ahead”

2. Coatigan

Coatigan

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    How are people not getting this.

Can it be done from home?

Sports equipment can be bough and sold without people having to go work or buy in a shop. Staff are well within their right to challenge it.

Construction, happens on site, so at least some of it will have to happen outwith the home. Won't be long till those too are shut, but till then some aspect of economy is still ticking over.

It really is that simple, go to work if it is absolitely essential , i.e can't be done without going to work. Don't, if it is not. And (employers) don't fanny about interpreting essential to suit a narrative of going out.

Gelsons Dad likes this.
  3. Coatigan

Coatigan

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    I agree, it is. It is also about society and public attitudes and welfare. sometimes it is hard to separate.

jay_mcfc likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. allan harper

allan harper

Micheal Grove has now said something else that completely goes against what he said on a previous show, madness.

jay_mcfc likes this.
  5. MCFC1993

MCFC1993

The state of the tube pictured by a sonographer this morning:

Some businesses just aren't listening and some of the businesses labelled essential just aren't. It needs clamping down on who is essential because there is not a fucking chance all those people need to be in work this morning.

Last edited: 24 Mar 2020
  6. AlgarveBlu

AlgarveBlu

Not sure about that - We know that they have access to the national data through some central covid/NHS body which is being fed the admissions to ICU units around the country and the testing and the logistic issues on frontline equipment. I suspect the numbers from the modeling are really worrying them and they know they have been tainted with the herd immunity strategy - Hancock interview with Morgan was very revealing on the H.I issue - he was in full denial which means the spivs have calculated a full on media/public opinion backlash in a week or so.

7. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

yep. Lots of them only care about profit and employees are too scared to not go in out of fear of getting the sack or reduced wages

the work policy announced is too vague

8. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

So many employers creating tenuous reasons why their business is “essential”, and making staff come in to work. In the meantime they themselves are probably working from home counting the money. Close your fucking businesses and save lives. Cunts.

davek1808 likes this.
  9. urban genie

urban genie

f they didn't care then, they I doubt they care now.

This was comonganyway and shpuld have a week ago, but really nothing has changed from yesterday, as they are still being ambiguous about what is considered vital and key.

Until you see what spain and italy have with police driving up streets making anouncements and the army avaialble they haven't done much more than was already in place.

10. journolud

journolud

Just finishing a night shift, think I’ll head straight to sports direct for some weights or a fucking running machine

Blue Lorry and Coatigan like this.