COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire thread this evening is about politics. Trying to have two separate threads isn’t gonna work on nights like tonight.

I agree, it is. It is also about society and public attitudes and welfare. sometimes it is hard to separate.

And now Michael Gove says that children cannot be moved from parent to parent and should remain with whichever parent they're currently with for the duration.

This is complete chaos.
Micheal Grove has now said something else that completely goes against what he said on a previous show, madness.

The state of the tube pictured by a sonographer this morning:

Some businesses just aren't listening and some of the businesses labelled essential just aren't. It needs clamping down on who is essential because there is not a fucking chance all those people need to be in work this morning.

Last edited:
It's been tightened but they left open half the employment sector.

This tactic of gradually tightening of the valve tells me that they are still following their initial policy of a controlled infection.

If they had wanted to reduce transmission to the bare minimum they would have done so. This is not an oversight. We're still following the mitigation strategy, they've just tightened it somewhat. The death toll will end up higher than it otherwise would have been because of this. The public are ready for a lockdown. There is no excuse not to do it.

Not sure about that - We know that they have access to the national data through some central covid/NHS body which is being fed the admissions to ICU units around the country and the testing and the logistic issues on frontline equipment. I suspect the numbers from the modeling are really worrying them and they know they have been tainted with the herd immunity strategy - Hancock interview with Morgan was very revealing on the H.I issue - he was in full denial which means the spivs have calculated a full on media/public opinion backlash in a week or so.

Some businesses just aren't listening. It needs clamping down on who is essential because there is not a fucking chance all those people need to be in work this morning.

yep. Lots of them only care about profit and employees are too scared to not go in out of fear of getting the sack or reduced wages

the work policy announced is too vague

So many employers creating tenuous reasons why their business is “essential”, and making staff come in to work. In the meantime they themselves are probably working from home counting the money. Close your fucking businesses and save lives. Cunts.

Those people who were out in crowds at the weekend must be really proud of themselves. Well done lads and lasses.

f they didn't care then, they I doubt they care now.

This was comonganyway and shpuld have a week ago, but really nothing has changed from yesterday, as they are still being ambiguous about what is considered vital and key.

Until you see what spain and italy have with police driving up streets making anouncements and the army avaialble they haven't done much more than was already in place.

Some businesses just aren't listening. It needs clamping down on who is essential because there is not a fucking chance all those people need to be in work this morning.

That's truly depressing. The government is either inept or truly callous and calculating.

I am sat in my flat and wondering why I am isolating when half the country isn't. I can see the gardener in the communal gardens, the cleaner is cleaning my communal entrance and I can hear the traffic on Deansgate. I thought that was it last night when Boris spoke but it isn't.

And now Michael Gove says that children cannot be moved from parent to parent and should remain with whichever parent they're currently with for the duration.

This is complete chaos.

And now GMB have had clarification from the government:

You CAN move kids between separated parents! Fuck me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.