COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. Centurions

Centurions

Just got a text from the Government advising me of the restrictions with a link to the Gov website.

2. crooky

crooky

The rules are half assed. First I feel for the poor people who still have to work for non essential services in public shops. What are Sports Direct thinking?

Also it sounds like some others are still working like on building sites etc. My brother works in the world of ‘online shopping’ in a warehouse and he’s still going to be mingling with hundreds of people a shift just so people can buy nice candles, fluffy towels and other non essential items.

spanishblue and jay_mcfc like this.
  3. jimharri

jimharri

Those people who were out in crowds at the weekend must be really proud of themselves. Well done lads and lasses.

SWP's back and MikeF like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. incred

incred

Roads seemed busier than normal this morning.

5. lancs blue

lancs blue

Ashley's thoughts are where they always are, on the balance sheet. Grade A cunt.

6. Marvin

Marvin

It's been tightened but they left open half the employment sector.

This tactic of gradually tightening of the valve tells me that they are still following their initial policy of a controlled infection.

If they had wanted to reduce transmission to the bare minimum they would have done so. This is not an oversight. We're still following the mitigation strategy, they've just tightened it somewhat. The death toll will end up higher than it otherwise would have been because of this. The public are ready for a lockdown. There is no excuse not to do it.

davek1808, spanishblue and jay_mcfc like this.
  7. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

I knew there was some leeway but didn't know they'd given us three months. I suppose if the itv/mot places are shut there's not much we can do!

My wife has prepared me a little bag with my passport, nie, empadronamiento, a note, hand sanitizer, spare shoes, spare clothes, shopping bags, gloves and a bin bag :)

fiddlesticksblue and spanishblue like this.
  8. Coatigan

Coatigan

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Can it be done from home?

lonestay likes this.
  9. spanishblue

spanishblue

LOL
    Don't think some of the lads and ladies in the UK know what it's like yet or what lockdown means

AlgarveBlu and jay_mcfc like this.
  10. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

And now Michael Gove says that children cannot be moved from parent to parent and should remain with whichever parent they're currently with for the duration.

This is complete chaos.