COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. Worzel Gummidge#9

Worzel Gummidge#9

The government should ensure that household bills (Gas, electricity, water & council tax) should be frozen for the duration of this national emergency, the none essential workers shouldn't be in that predicament of making a judgement on whether or not to leave their house during this crisis. Its madness

2. Bazzmand Show

Bazzmand Show

The death rate is much higher than that, we know that for certain based on people who have been tested.

I really doubt the infection rate is that high.

3. toffee balls

toffee balls

You lazy bugger......

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Had to drive form Portsmouth to Plymouth today. Essential travel, I might add :)

The roads were eerily quiet. Had to go and get a few thing from Tesco, and it was very quiet in there also. Maybe all the hoarding lunatics had been there first thing in the morning.

Worzel Gummidge#9 likes this.
  5. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

6. Gaylord du Bois

Gaylord du Bois

Never let them forget it, either. Good to hear you're on the mend.

7. Blue Maverick

Blue Maverick

Driving home from work popped into Tesco’s for my parents, still no bog roll the6 are only putting out certain amounts to stop people rushing in! The drive home was weird 730pm and it was almost deserted.

Worzel Gummidge#9 likes this.
  8. sir baconface

sir baconface

Then you may be entitled to redundancy pay if you meet the conditions. (I assume you are PAYE, not self employed?)

The whole idea of the scheme is to reduce job losses/redundancies. Any chance you could talk to your employer and put a case for keeping you guys on the books?

That's not correct, mate. The 80% deal is part of the snappily-named Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. It can apply when your are "furloughed", i.e. temporarily laid off but kept on the books, rather than being made redundant. It's totally different from sick pay, etc.

Here's a link for you: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...bout-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses

9. marcus

marcus

Ha hope youre well mate

10. antspider

antspider

Got rid of our telly years ago :)