COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a carnivore but always find it tricky that we say these things come from eating things we shouldn't. Is there a scientific reason that hygienically prepared dog is in any way worse than hygienically prepared beef? Is it purely hygiene or is there something inherently, medically "wrong" with eating things like cats, dogs, bats etc?
All animals carry specific infections that we should know to avoid ,they eat animals they don't know anything about after havi ng them in cages with other species and barely cooked if at all in the street,i suppose we have a pet culture that they don't have so eating animals we share our houses with is wrong for us,i don't want to go on a veggie rant though!

email from one of my parents at school after I contacted him to check on welfare of his son:
Yeah thanks Sir , X is kicking a ball about and trying to occupy himself really difficult not allowing him to mix with other kids at moment especially when the other kids are all mixing outside but I've explained the severity of the situation to him thanks again

This is what we're up against.

I'm a carnivore but always find it tricky that we say these things come from eating things we shouldn't. Is there a scientific reason that hygienically prepared dog is in any way worse than hygienically prepared beef? Is it purely hygiene or is there something inherently, medically "wrong" with eating things like cats, dogs, bats etc?
It's just cultural norms. Some cultures think nothing of eating insects whereas most of us find the thought of that abhorrent.

On the other hand, some cultures find our habit of eating lamb, i.e. baby animals, really offensive. And yet most if us give it little or no thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.