COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems people who live on caravan parks/ holiday parks are being told to get of as they are closing. Alot of these parks have people who live there 50 weeks of the year and treat it as their home by having s two week holiday when the par shuts for a fortnight.
I know they are using a loop hole to do this . We know the caravan isnt meant to be their main home but it is that dont have a 'real' home to go to.

https://www-kentonline-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.kentonline.co.uk/sheerness/news/amp/mexican-stand-off-as-caravan-owners-refuse-to-quit-holiday-park-224398/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.kentonline.co.uk/sheerness/news/stand-off-as-caravan-owners-refuse-to-quit-holiday-park-224398/

I believe there was an equilibrium that stood for hundreds of millions of years that we’ve completely overwhelmed in the space of around two hundred years, by our ingenuity and our greed. Any living thing, when attacked, will defend itself. I think that ‘equilibrium’ is fighting back.

You don’t follow that line of thinking - that’s fair enough. We can’t agree on everything. No way either of us can know with any certainty who right and who’s wrong about this either. It can’t be proven one way or the other.

It is an interesting and somewhat more common than people admit take on it. Equilibriums and a balancing out exists and happens in most environments and habitats, always has, always will.

It is implying the somehow wilful intent of that occurance that many and i myself would struggle with.

I.e a pond with equal numbers of big fish and small fish. The big fish eat a lot of the small fish. Then there is less small fish to eat, so some of the big fish die off of starvation, balance restored. Is that the pond punishing them, or imposing measures? or just a logical consequence. Do the big fish 'deserve' it as such, harsh to say they should have known better.

If this came about from some uncharacteristic storm, or occurance, other than human carelessness (in both contracting it initially and then failing to control spreading it globally), maybe the notion would be more widely engaging.
It is no doubt a human consequence of human action, a very unfortunate one.
Some will see it as logical, some as a divine act maybe, and some as the planet intentionally fighting back. What i am maybe a little uncomfortable with, is an underlying tone of unavoidable deservedness in two of those.

But as you say, none of the three are truly impossible, and people will believe at least one of if not all three.

Is there a scientific reason that hygienically prepared dog is in any way worse than hygienically prepared beef?
Yes, humans have been eating beef for tens of thousands of years and have already developed resistance to most pathogens they carry. Whilst I have no idea about dogs, we know that exotic birds and bats can carry viruses that live perfectly fine within those animals without making them sick, but would likely harm humans if they make the evolutionary jump into humans.

Looking at the situation in South Korea, they have about the same number of cases as us, and one third of the deaths. But whereas their situation is relatively under control, our infection rates are rising exponentially.

South Korea

UK

How on EARTH have we allowed this to happen? 1 month ago, we had 1 case in the UK whilst their infections were shooting up. A week later they had their under control, with their regime of testing, testing, testing, tracing and isolating. And we did fuck all other than saying "wash your hands". And now look at the fucking mess we are in. It makes me REALLY angry.

Didn’t they just have their spike a lot earlier than us? From memory I thought South Korea’s main spread was In a remote part of the country with the epicentre some religious cult who got it and spread it around the area.

Difference being that chickens and rabbits have been domesticated for millennia and humans have already developed resistance to their viruses. We’ve not yet done that with bats and other exotic animals sold in the Chinese wet markets.

If we ae honest though at least 167 species of bats are hunted around the world, for food and are eaten in australia, africa, many parts of south east asia and oceanic islands.

Poor hygiene conditions and a lack of local regulation or closing of these markets are the main problem.

I have been through wet markets while traveling in asia, and they are badly unhygienic, though the emats wre only what we eat.

These exotic animal ones do need shutting

It's accurate though - whats your issue?

I never doubted the accuracy about how it's come about but as this has almost certainly started as a result of someone eating a bat, I think I can safely say that 99.9% of the world's meat eaters have never eaten a bat (let alone visit a wet market) and have no intention of doing, so don't pin it on all of us

2) You can say it’s nature giving us a “fuck you” if you like, but it’s not rational.

Don't talk to me about 'rational', as there is currently absolutely nothing 'rational' in mankind approach to sustainability at all. Rationale goes out the window, when we still have a large percentage of the human population who are unable to act rationally to climate change.

Don't talk to me about 'rational', as there is currently absolutely nothing 'rational' in mankind approach to sustainability at all. Rationale goes out the window, when we still have a large percentage of the human population who are unable to act rationally to climate change.
That’s literally nothing to do with my post.

If you want to post on a vegan or climate change crusade, be my guest. It still doesn’t change anything I’ve posted.

I never doubted the accuracy about how it's come about but as this has almost certainly started as a result of someone eating a bat, I think I can safely say that 99.9% of the world's meat eaters have never eaten a bat (let alone visit a wet market) and have no intention of doing, so don't pin it on all of us

Regardless of whether you have ever eaten a 'bat' or not, humans approach to meat consumption does have to change. It's not about pinning it on people, but we already know how much damage it is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.