COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You MUST isolate now,i believe if you go onto 111 online you can get a sicknote,if not ring your GP and see what he can give you,call in and say you have symptoms and are staying at home
Can only reiterate what Karen has said. Where there is doubt, there is no doubt. You'd be signing your own death warrant going to work. Mate, you HAVE TO STAY OFF.

i think that’s a bit harsh - I’m a meat eater but it’s ignorant to think the consumption of meat the planet is eating and all the other consequences that come with it will play it’s part in future pandemics.

Maybe. But it is equally harsh to distill the reason for this down to our life long (as a species) habit of eating meat. Which i appreciate the original post wasn't explicitly doing, but did imply somewhat.
There are arguements as well, that if we had all been vegans over centuries, we would be far less equipped physically to deal with animal based diseases jumping species, as much as that risk may be reduced.

I dont think he is still a govt minister mate, not after he challenged Boris for the leadership. They hate eachother. He has been on TV a lot in the capacity as former Health Secretary, but if he is describing a change it is from a personal viewpoint, maybe with an agenda, and certainly not as a govt spokesperson as he is definitely not that.
My apologies. He was introduced on the TV as Chair of the Health and Social Care Select Committee (which I gather he is). I was mistakenly imagining that was a ministerial role.

I actually do like this very dictatorial measure.

(3) Prohibiting the publication of news or distribution or distribution of books, publications or any other media which contains messages which may cause people to be afraid, or intentionally distort information and cause misunderstanding in an emergency situation.

Imagine all the gimps stirring up panic here posting pictures of empty shelves or giving out bullshit stories online getting knicked for it.

Trump likes this clause.

Does anyone think we'll go into an actual proper lockdown any time soon and not this kinda half-hearted one?
only for the pen pushers and office workers any one working with the pubic or doing manual work will carry on....at my place the office is closed, office workers working from home. Us we are still out and about with the public.

edit ... And don't forget how important bike shops are

Last edited:
They haven't at all. The Chinese weren't running these wet markets for these animals prior to the 1970's, that's the point.

And when humans moved around, taking their pathogens to new worlds, the indigenous died out. See Incas and Native Americans being virtually wiped out by Smallpox and Flu.

I think my issue is applying a specific arguement (the markets that deal with what is essentially illegaly obtained and traded meat, of whatever type) as a broad brush generalisation on wider cultural and geolocational habits, which as i say, not for me, but also not for me to say they shouldn't exist or ever have existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.