COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

If some of the hygiene practices become second nature there is the potential to reduce many other infections and reduce strain on the health services long term...

A lot less food poisoning, but too much cleanliness and we have less immunity to disease, and more allergies.

I passed a tongue in cheek comment to my missus yesterday she used four squares of bog roll to wipe her jack& Danny after a piss I said there's a four foot bath towel there use that and save the bog roll she replied yes and there's a three foot bin liner that will have your clothes in you ****.
Not sure about "tongue in cheek" in the same sentence as how to save on bog roll...

We heard the same a fortnight ago. How it was nonsense, hype, it was just the flu etc. We now know it isn't. There's no real scaremongering now it's just the potential gravity of it all. Some people like to look at numbers and percentages to look for trends and predictions to try to understand the scale of what we're facing. If you don't like it, scroll past.

And it was actually your post that was wrong and aggressive saying that people were slagging off the govt for the Excel London transformation into a hospital when not one person was having a go.
Exactly.

Ryanair grounded all flights til June, fair enough. If so why are they asking me to pay the 4K balance on my trip in may, they’ve still got the 3k I’ve already paid.

Didn't the minister on Newsnight say April? (Maitlis tried to pin him down on when in April but he was saying other manufacturers are also "ramping up".) If I've got it right, Dyson are being paid for 10,000, giving us another 1,000, and giving other countries 4,000. Let's hope they're quieter than his hand dryers. Unless the design mostly uses parts they use in their other products, it would be remarkable if they source the components that readily. And how many can you get in an air-freighter from Malaysia?

I think Argar (junior health minister) said April.
This was a non-govt person this morning.

I passed a tongue in cheek comment to my missus yesterday she used four squares of bog roll to wipe her jack& Danny after a piss I said there's a four foot bath towel there use that and save the bog roll she replied yes and there's a three foot bin liner that will have your clothes in you ****.
I like the sound of your missus!

Judging by the low number of customers in our local Sainsbury (including those who walk out when there are no toilet rolls) I'm thinking most of the extra staff being taken on will be to cover for when the regular staff have to go off with it or self-isolating.

Maybe Vic.
Has to take public transport there as well so increases his chance of having to self isolate himself in the near future.
Our household will just have to deal with it when,or if,it happens just like millions of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.