COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapid tests for the virus are available in Spain. Like the antibody tests we heard about yesterday they give a result in minutes but there are doubts about their reliability

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-03-23/640000-rapid-coronavirus-tests-arrive-in-spain.html

Sturgeon was on 5 Live this morning and unless I misheard she said something that I found worrying, and that was that someone with it and in a bad way in hospital still ended up testing negative for it. We need to test like fuck but as Whitty said yesterday, one thing that's worse than no test is a bad test.

I reckon that bears no relationship to reality.
Totalitarian states will be totalitarian.
I also reckon Iran is hugely underreporting.

As with China. They may well have got it under control but the number of deaths will both be massively under-reported and also not known. Huge numbers would have died outside the urban areas that have never been counted.

Has the shielding guidance changed? My Mrs received that text on Monday not had a letter yet. Work are telling me to come in as they the most vulnerable list has been updated.

Very confusing, I've said I ain't coming in till the nhs confirm it.

Goes up to £45 from 1st April according to an email I got from Asda yesterday.

And perhaps of use to some people...

If you do your shopping at Waitrose and pay with your mobile (Apple Pay or Google Pay) with a registered John Lewis credit card, then there is no contactless limit. This does not apply to contactless with their credit card - it must be with the mobile app. Presumably because they figure it is more secure, requiring a fingerprint.

We don't normally shop at Waitrose because it's too ****ing expensive, but whether the custard creams are 40p or 55p is not high on my agenda at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.