COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always said this. never has there been a set of workers so undervalued. I always make a point of thanking people I know who do this job, it can't be easy and some of them work in really shocking conditions.

If anyone in this country need paying more it's them.
My daughter works in a private care home she told me this broke my heart, when I asked how her day had been
They have a floor for end of life residents they were all in tears as they couldn't see their loved ones, visitors in tears and they didn't understand why no one was coming, she was having to think up excuses why they couldn't say their goodbyes.
Her first job that day was cleaning human waste out of an old dears teeth who has decided to start eating it.
For mothers day they had a window to push them too so they could wave and smile at their families,
Truly heart breaking stuff and on minimum wage for a 22 year old I believe £7.70 same as mcdonalds probably

You're only doing it now in case one of you already has it. 2 weeks should be enough to eliminate that risk (unless you give credence to possible longer incubation rates). Thereafter the only danger would be from stuff brought into the house including packaging. Some stuff may need to go in the fridge but most could just be put aside for 3 days for any virus to die. I'd use soapy water on a bit of paper towel to clean plastic packaging before it went in the fridge. Getting stuff out of packets without touching the contents isn't always easy!

It may depend how vulnerable your wife is - medical condition or just over 70? - in how careful you want to be.
She’s 65, has rheumatoid arthritis and takes methotrexate, an immuno suppressant. She still hasnt received a letter and might not. Her arthritis is considered to be stable and she’s on a relative low dosage. But I’ve seen how badly she’s affected if she gets any bugs. We both had a cold last year. I recovered within a few days, she ended up having to make daily trips to her GP to be tested for pneumonia. So as far as I’m concerned she’s vulnerable.

I haven’t left the house since Monday so I’m assuming that after 14 days we can dispense with the separate bedrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.