COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A positive test means that you are positive for the virus ( this isnt the antibody tests) - not sure what the distinction you have made between ‘having it’ and ‘live cases’ is?

my understanding is that these are new cases which have manifested themselves after the lockdown period commenced which was almost 3 weeks ago. I’m trying to workout what the lockdown infection rate is and why or how it could be so high, however, the data I have on how long after showing symptoms you can still test positive is sketchy.

WHO says on average between 2-10 days incubation period.
Sorry if I didn’t make it clear in my post.

I meant does the test:

1. Show you have it now or have had it and got over it

or

2. You have it now (if you’ve had it and got over it you test negative because you don’t have it now) = live case.

BBC quote the PHE figure of 17,000 in its recent article. Vallance gave a figure of 8,000 during a recent appearance before the Health Select Committee.

Whether or not Covid does end up with less deaths than the Flu I think the point is that the only reason it will do is because of the measures taken. I’m sure if you had lockdowns every year the death toll for Flu would come right down.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-51979654

Hong Kong was one of the first places to report infections of Covid-19 outside China, the community locked down.
Schools closed in January and people began working from home and avoiding social gatherings, restaurants, public transport, and even touching lift buttons stooped Borders partially closed and quarantine restrictions for travellers became the new reality.

Six weeks later and the city of 7.5 million people had fewer than 110 cases of Covid-19. It was held up as a global success story, along with Singapore and Taiwan.

They decided to relax the controls as it looked like they had contained the virus.
The daily rates of confirmed cases started to rise.

This week the total surpassed 450, almost all were incoming travellers, but some infections were connected to nightlife hotspots and gyms, and health experts started to sound alarms about complacency.

There are some really under estimating how long this will go on.

I think china may be blagging the figures or waiting for a second phase to happen

Had to really think what day it was without checking, Saturday fuck me. Oh and clocks go forward. 5 o’clock is all I’m bothered about, alcohol time.

Found this as well,they can't keep changing cause of death like these two case in youngsters

Last Sunday the NHS suggested an 18-year-old male had died from coronavirus, but it has since emerged the teenager had tested positive for the disease in a hospital in Coventry but died from an unrelated condition
I would imagine it is difficult to ascertain actual cause of death when more than one life threatening cause exists.

There is the synergistic effect that both kill more effectively together than when acting independently. In this case I suspect difference in reporting cause of death is open to interpretation.

I like listening to Peter Hitchens but he misses/ignores some very obvious points here

"We don't know if people dying are dying from coronavirus or something else...."

Then given the number of people dying we had better start getting worried about what the something else is that's killing them! What an idiot.

Had to really think what day it was without checking, Saturday fuck me. Oh and clocks go forward. 5 o’clock is all I’m bothered about, alcohol time.

Gonna get to that point between Christmas & New Year where you struggle to remember what day you’re on.

Today’s Saturday, going to be absolutely no different to previous 5 days for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.