COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine it is difficult to ascertain actual cause of death when more than one life threatening cause exists.

There is the synergistic effect that both kill more effectively together than when acting independently. In this case I suspect difference in reporting cause of death is open to interpretation.

It's literally not open to interpretation. She had a heart attack. that's it.

The person at the morgue heard she had a cough so wrote down coronavirus as a cause. No one in her family reported she had any signs of coronavirus except a mild cough before that. She hadn't been I'll with coronavirus.

Gonna get to that point between Christmas & New Year where you struggle to remember what day you’re on.

Today’s Saturday, going to be absolutely no different to previous 5 days for me.
Mrs said should have a Sunday roast tomorrow, my reply was why, have one any day there all the same

It's literally not open to interpretation. She had a heart attack. that's it.

The person at the morgue heard she had a cough so wrote down coronavirus as a cause. No one in her family reported she had any signs of coronavirus except a mild cough before that. She hadn't been I'll with coronavirus.
Do you have a source for that info mate? (Not aging I don’t believe you’re correct, by the way)

You've found a contradiction I agree.

There are different publications quoting wildly different figures for deaths attributed to 'flu epidemics yet both reference PHE.

I think the difference is because most flu‐related deaths are likely not due directly to influenza virus infection but due to secondary bacterial infection or worsening of underlying chronic health conditions, such as chronic heart or lung disease. These are the vulnerable patients we are shielding now.

In a normal 'flu season, these deaths might well get attributed to something else. Covid19 is taking these vulnerable patients out before their time, just like 'flu so I think that's why you can get two different sets of data from the same source quoting wildly different figures.

My guess would be we will be “lucky” if we get less than 20,000 deaths.

Neil Ferguson, the head epidemiologist who wrote the models half the world are following said we will now get much fewer than 20,000 deaths.

Hes got access to a lot more data than the public like number of people currently in hospital, on ICU wards etc. And hes come across as very reluctant to be positive before so I think he is probably right.

I feel like the thread has gone back in time 2 weeks. Flu comparisons are still alive and kicking? If someone has the data for how many seasonal flu deaths there’d be during a national lockdown for much of a 12 month period (or longer), with social distancing in operation then make the comparison. People are stating how many flu kills in normal life with normal, free movement of people and normal, close interactions. It’s so far removed from the world as it is today.

I feel like the thread has gone back in time 2 weeks. Flu comparisons are still alive and kicking? If someone has the data for how many seasonal flu deaths there’d be during a national lockdown for much of a 12 month period (or longer), with social distancing in operation then make the comparison. People are stating how many flu kills in normal life with normal, free movement of people and normal, close interactions. It’s so far removed from the world as it is today.

That's the "problem" we will always ultimately have.

If things are not cataclysmic then people will always say you over reacted and ignore the fact it could have been 100x worse if you didnt out in place such insane measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.