COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been talking to our daughter in New Zealand. They went into complete lockdown at midnight Wednesday after having 200 cases, cases not deaths, they are testing 2000 people a day and hope to double that this weekend, they have more than enough PPE to go around but are still manufacturing more. Note the difference.
Pop of NZ 4.8m
Pop of UK 67m
Note the difference

Genuine question to Americans on here, whats the message like on social distancing over there?

Can't believe that all the 'top people' are shoulder to shoulder in this video.

Good though isn't it :-) Bearing in mind the individuals involved.

More seriously, no I agree, it's fucking idiotic behaviour from the Grand Master Idiot and his idiot cohorts.

Anybody know much about the volunteering?

I teach, have to do 2/3 days in school at the moment with essential worker’s kids, and have to be contactable until Friday morning but can you give a day to the NHS? Does it specify?

Has anyone got a copy of the letter sent to the 1.5m most vulnerable?
My 80 year old mother in law is one of them but it’s not easy getting information from her regarding the letter over the phone. Obviously the main thing is to stay indoors for 12 weeks but I would like to read the letter in full.

I have one. If you want to PM me your email, I'll send it to you.

From our media it would seem China has returned back to normal. Even releasing statements that young people would understand like “Apple has reopened its shops in China “ . They are still on lockdown?!

I was hoping for relaxing some of the rules by May here but this is depressing.
Big place China I work for a major motor manufacturer with a plant in China which has not only reopened but is accepting the UK support staff back into the country although they have to do 14 day isolation on arrival. Regions appear to be at polar opposites on lock down status.

Germany's new cases fallen significantly but they have been testing a lot of people. Might be good news? Their deaths have risen noticeably in the last couple of days. Hitherto their low no. of deaths was anomalous and people sought to explain why. There was an explanation that it was due to the low age of their initial infections and this seems to fit. As the epidemic proceeds older people get caught up in it and the death rate starts to move towards other countries.

I wonder if more UK politicians will be found to have the virus?

Pop of NZ 4.8m
Pop of UK 67m
Note the difference
Although to be fair they probably have proportionally less doctors, nurses, people making protective gear ,masks etc etc

So per capita what we can say is that probably due to geographical luck they have less infections, but they have decided to take it more seriously, and earlier than many European countries.

Germany's new cases fallen significantly but they have been testing a lot of people. Might be good news? Their deaths have risen noticeably in the last couple of days. Hitherto their low no. of deaths was anomalous and people sought to explain why. There was an explanation that it was due to the low age of their initial infections and this seems to fit. As the epidemic proceeds older people get caught up in it and the death rate starts to move towards other countries.

I wonder if more UK politicians will be found to have the virus?

Germany constantly update during the day so the present figures are much less than they will be at the end of the day when all regions have reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.