COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading the papers and news and I am definitely seeing slightly different messaging .

a week ago it was lock down lock down lock down months , no end in sight etc.

today there is a slightly different tone about coming out of lock down , even one saying the lock down could be gone at the end of this month.

I hope it’s turning

the old and vulnerable should stay indoors and be ultra cautious beyond lockdown

social distancing will continue for the rest of us for a good while to come

But I hope sense of normality does start to return over the summer months.

it has to be a question of balance

Itchy feet. We are nowhere near peak chaos yet. Just wait until every A&E department is over-saturated 24/7. Then what happens when people start having car accidents? Thousands turning up because of going out and smashing each other up on friday night?

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1375

Could be rubbish but would be pretty big if anywhere near that number was asymptomatic.

Not seen it reported anywhere else than there mind.
Interesting article, wouldn't surprise me if it was like that, and even if 10% out it's still huge, only mass testing (both ways - too see if people have it, and to see if they have had it) will clear it up, whether we will ever see that who knows ?

Today's figures from Belgium and the Netherlands look starkly different in terms of new cases (1,661 and 904, respectively), but both countries advise focussing on the number hospitalised.

Belgium:
"Of the newly confirmed cases, 503 have been hospitalised, bringing the total to 7,773, of whom 1,245 are in intensive care, 40 in the last 24 hours. The ICU capacity in the country is filled to the tune of 56%. 985 people are on respirators, an increase of 69 in the past 24 hours."
https://www.brusselstimes.com/all-n...irus-1661-new-cases-confirmed-140-new-deaths/

Netherlands
A total of 904 new cases yesterday of whom 336 were hospitalised.
https://www.rivm.nl/actuele-informatie-over-coronavirus

I am reading the papers and news and I am definitely seeing slightly different messaging .

today there is a slightly different tone about coming out of lock down , even one saying the lock down could be gone at the end of this month.

I hope it’s turning

the old and vulnerable should stay indoors and be ultra cautious beyond lockdown

Let's hope that it won't last long but end of April is wildly optimistic. Premature relaxing of the lock down would be a tragic mistake for another lock down will be needed shortly after that. In 3-4 weeks we are going to know much more about the virus though, so let's hope you are right.

I hope it’s turning

I agree. Any fool can cure a broken toe by chopping off the leg, the trick is to make the cure proportionate and effective. I think we’ve got things about right so far, the lockdown has released pressure on the nhs and given us time to ramp up testing and introduce mitigating measures like the wearing of face masks. It may not feel like it now and there’s more bad news to come, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.