COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean BSE?
I'm sure he does. You really don't want to know about prion diseases. Let's just say, Britons alive before 1995(ish) are banned from giving blood in the USA and many other countries, and leave it at that.

Belgium:
"Of the newly confirmed cases, 503 have been hospitalised, bringing the total to 7,773, of whom 1,245 are in intensive care, 40 in the last 24 hours. The ICU capacity in the country is filled to the tune of 56%. 985 people are on respirators, an increase of 69 in the past 24 hours."
https://www.brusselstimes.com/all-n...irus-1661-new-cases-confirmed-140-new-deaths/

I hope the Gov start giving us this sort of information. The simple daily figures we get are horrifying but innaccurate and incomplete. Certainly when it comes to figuring out if they are providing enough Ventilators, and ICU capacity ought to help people cope with lockdown and decide if we're doing enough or might think about relaxing measures.

I hope the Gov start giving us this sort of information. The simple daily figures we get are horrifying but innaccurate and incomplete. Certainly when it comes to figuring out if they are providing enough Ventilators, and ICU capacity ought to help people cope with lockdown and decide if we're doing enough or might think about relaxing measures.

It might be preferable if countries could standardise their results and publish uniformly. For those planning, both nationally and globally, the more accurate the information, the more they can understand the situation and plan deconfinement (like the Belgian usage :-)) accordingly.

Both sets of figures from yesterday point towards around a third of the new cases requiring hospitalisation, but whether knowing that would make the man on the Clapham omnibus more vigilant or more complacent is hard to say.

Interesting article, wouldn't surprise me if it was like that, and even if 10% out it's still huge, only mass testing (both ways - too see if people have it, and to see if they have had it) will clear it up, whether we will ever see that who knows ?

Germany are doing it currently. Random testing of 100,000 people with no symptoms.

It was announced last week but I think it will take them a while.

I still think it is absolutely insane that despite use hearing that basically only people needing ICU are getting tests with people everyone knows have the virus but not in life threatening condition being turned away, we're still only 22% positive from 180,000 tests.

Itchy feet. We are nowhere near peak chaos yet. Just wait until every A&E department is over-saturated 24/7. Then what happens when people start having car accidents? Thousands turning up because of going out and smashing each other up on friday night?
I'm sure it wont come to that

The deaths in this care home in Glasgow are so sad. Sadly the experience of Spain and Italy is that they are slaughter houses just waiting for the virus to arrive.

I don’t know why anyone is paying any sort of attention to any daily death figures after it was shown that we are just popping previous days’ deaths on to any old days’ stats:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....-hold-in-uk-earlier-than-thought-data-reveals
“On Thursday, 561 deaths were reported, but only 84 took place in the 24 hours to 5pm on 1 April.”

All daily stats are null and void, for us at least. You can’t read anything into them.

The guy whose post I quoted is followed by very smart people. Why? Because he is very smart himself.

Maybe he's wrong though, time will tell. I think he is right.

Last edited:
I'm sure it wont come to that

I would be amazed if global governments top modeling officer and behavioural scientists have not looked at multiple scenarios of civil unrest and the indirect impact of the virus on lives. The general public are discussing and commenting on issues that are being raised by the media and government at press conferences which is normal for them to steer the topics, but there will be high level discussions about matters that haven’t even be brought up on here, I hope so anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.