COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone from my work died in Thursday evening. I've been going in as normal up until then. I'm off next week but will be saying I'm working from home after that.

Not particularly, no.

There was no great furore when they got the flu vaccine wrong in 2017 and we saw an excess Winter death rate of 50,100 (that’s 414 excess deaths a day, every day, for four months) over the 2017-18 Winter in Britain.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....level-40-years-experts-blame-ineffective/amp/

On average, 1,400 people die every day in Britain.

While COVID-19 is an exceptional novel virus, we aren’t yet seeing exceptional numbers of deaths in the country compared to any other normal day.
Totally agree. However if we hadn't locked down the rise in figures would be stratospheric.

I don't think the last bit is correct. Anyone who is showing severe symptoms is tested.
From what I read the other day only 40% of those go onto ICU.
Just to clarify a bit, at least as of last week, we are only currently testing those admitted to hospital who are showing symptoms.

On a side note worth noting the test is only 60-80% sensitive, there are plenty who are clearly positive who come back negative. And the results take days to come back, so numbers will always lag.

this is what i have been saying all along

They have care staff who probably have children who bring the virus to work with them (Not their fault) and bring death to the care home. Whilst we are telling vulnerable people to completely isolate outside of these places.

I know I have heard of waiting to die but this is disgraceful. They should have hired staff with the intention of locking them in with the residents with contact only for serious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.