COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because it's life or death kaz

Very true.

We must be careful not to extrapolate too far with this "It just shows what is possible if the will is there" kind of line. What's being done at the moment is in very many cases, "we are doing it and sod the consequences". Because as you say, it's a matter of life and death.

But "and sod the consequences" is not a viable or sustainable strategy for the long term. It is an acceptable downside in exceptional circumstances. Whether that is doing the shopping and not really caring how much it costs so long as you are in and out of the store as fast as possible. Or diverting the entire company to building ventilators. These are unprecedented actions in unprecedented times. They would not be sustainable as a normal mode of operation.

The comment was about working from home. Refuse collectors working from home was a bit of a joke.

As a matter of interest, our council cancelled all green bin collections... as of last Monday. Having told us the last collection would be the Thursday prior, so everyone went out, mowed the lawn, cut the hedge, weeded the garden etc so we could get the bin collected before the cut off. And then they didn't collect it and are now refusing to collect it. So we all have green bins crammed to the lids and no collections on the horizon. Genius.
We’ve been sorting our garden out as we’ve nowhere to go. The bins have been chokka for the last three collections and I thought they wouldn’t take it.
However they were there this morning and it’s all gone.
Do you pay separately for your garden waste?

There was almost the same amount of traffic you'd see on a normal day when I was out earlier. It was far busier today than I'd seen since the lockdown had started.

Also most essential shops like supermarkets should still be open on Good Friday anyway.

I went out last Monday and it was dead but then went out on the Friday and it was noticeably busier - I think I wanted to give people the benefit of the doubt but it seems misplaced
I have not been out today but I do feel like it’s gradually got worse/busier since late last week.

Shame a lot of these police dont put as much effort into this as they do with burglaries, attacks and other stuff. They dont want to know about them.
But easy targets like this they love. Never seem so many about with their note books.
Pathetic.
Awful, unnecessary and probably inspired by a prejudicial existing dislike for them. Exercise some common sense before you say rubbish like that. Crime reports are down, in fact all calls to police are drastically down as a result of what is going on. As such, they have more time to address this issue and it is a very important one anyway. In addition, the existing crimes they are already investigating and dealing with are on hold. Witnesses dont want the police round to take statements and make enquiries at the moment, especially considering that those very officers are exposed to many more people and risk of the virus than they are when they are at home. All in all, they cannot devote the time to those other things you describe and so are rightly dealing with calls from concerned people about people flouting these rules, and breaking up large groups. All in all, your post was unadulterated shite.

We’ve been sorting our garden out as we’ve nowhere to go. The bins have been chokka for the last three collections and I thought they wouldn’t take it.
However they were there this morning and it’s all gone.
Do you pay separately for your garden waste?
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.