COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure Spain are and Italy and other countries are also doing similar yes. That’s all the more reason why we shouldn’t be comparing ourselves with them with one off days (data points) It renders the whole thing pointless.

Where it’s close, I’d agree. The data probably is flawed enough to say that you can’t be absolutely certain that the UK has had more deaths than Italy at the same point but I think you could probably make a safe comparison that they are on a similar path. Likewise where there’s a big gulf, without knowing this as fact, I’d say you could probably make a pretty safe assumption that the UK is ahead of Germany at this same stage in the outbreak unless the data is extremely flawed.

Im starting tp take the hump about at all these people who are convinced figures are being manipulated or massaged. We all know the death figure is hugely higher than can be accounted for but why test people who ha e died at home when they had been displaying symptoms or were in the at risk category and were self isolating. The guidance is the same, the outcome is the same, there is no earthly point in wasting resources and time and money testing those poor souls who have gone. It wont change what the response will be, stay at home and away from others. Field hospitals being built at god knows what cost, the govt paying people's wages for goodness sake, all kinds of measures. We know what we are dealing with and so there is no need to manipulate figures.
Cause of death? "He'd not been well."

He’ll be criticised no matter what he does but his point about using the right amounts of PPE in the right situations is a fair one. There’s a global shortage of the stuff, so it quite crucial to bear in mind the guidelines on when and how to use it. He’s also right to say that it’s impossible to criticise people for using it too quickly as they are of course worried/scared. But it’s part of his job to make sure our PPE supplies have the biggest impact on the nation’s safety that they possibly can, so he has to remind those using it to use it wisely. It’s a tough situation, but there’s nothing wrong with him saying what he did. Those criticising need to realise there aren’t PPE trees that we can just pluck the equipment from.
Good comment.

I know mate, but can't fit it past the fish fingers and Chicago Town pizzas.

It also turns a funny yellowish colour when you freeze milk.

Up until this crisis, we hardly ever used the freezer, certainly not meat, which becomes utterly flavourless when it goes in there.

My kids were always bought the best burgers from fresh at the butchers, so a bit miffed they seem to love Birds Eye's 'beefburgers'

I had carnation milk with tinned peaches the other day and my two took one look and ran out of the room.

Fucking spoiled 'em.
Bring back the meat safe.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/730...MIiIe_wKjg6AIVDO3tCh3nEw7xEAQYDSABEgIAFfD_BwE

Right colour too.

Where it’s close, I’d agree. The data probably is flawed enough to say that you can’t be absolutely certain that the UK has had more deaths than Italy at the same point but I think you could probably make a safe comparison that they are on a similar path. Likewise where there’s a big gulf, without knowing this as fact, I’d say you could probably make a pretty safe assumption that the UK is ahead of Germany at this same stage in the outbreak unless the data is extremely flawed.
Absolutely yeah. My issue was sky’s byline of “worse than any day in Italy or Spain” when I reality it wasn’t. It was 117 on the 9th April and 700+ that hadn’t been counted in the preceding 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.