COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
NHS England announced the increase on Wednesday, which takes the total number of hospital COVID-19 deaths in the country to 11,656.

Patients were aged between 20 and 101, and 20 of those (aged 20 to 101) had no known underlying health conditions when they tested positive for coronavirus.

Scotland recorded another 84 deaths, which was its biggest daily increase to date.

Wales also recorded its highest daily increase with 60, and Northern Ireland recorded another six

Totals
  • England - 11,656
  • Scotland - 699
  • Wales - 463
  • Northern Ireland - 140

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-another-651-covid-19-deaths-in-hospitals-in-england-11973506

Don'tforget the Scottish figure now includes all deaths from outside hospital from today. Just to add the numbers in hospital and the numbers in ICU in Scotland have fallen over the last few days, slightly.

Relative risk is interesting in this respect though. If you’re under 65 with no significant health risks, dying from this disease in Germany is the same risk as driving, or being driven, 9 miles a day. In Italy it’s 48 miles per day and, given our roads are much safer than Italy’s, I’d imagine that our equivalent is about 21. Maybe we should think about who we encourage to self isolate rather than the enormous damage we are about to do to the economy and all the other associated heath problems that will bring with it?
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.05.20054361v1.full.pdf
I'm sorry, but I don't care which numskull has come up with that analysis but it is patently complete and utter bollocks.

The idea that I have as much chance of dying from driving 21 miles a day is patently obviously, absolute nonsense.

Road fatalities in the UK are around 5 per *billion* vehicle miles driven. 1 in every 200 million miles driven. Over the course of a year that would mean doing 21 miles per day give you a 0.0038% chance of being killed. Compared to what, 0.2% for Coronavirus? So just 50 times more likely.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ported-road-casualties-annual-report-2018.pdf

I'm sorry, but I don't care which numskull has come up with that analysis but it is patently complete and utter bollocks.

The idea that I have as much chance of dying from driving 21 miles a day is patently obviously, absolute nonsense.

Road fatalities in the UK are around 5 per *billion* vehicle miles driven. 1 in every 200 million miles driven. Over the course of a year that would mean doing 21 miles per day give you a 0.0038% chance of being killed. Compared to what, 0.2% for Coronavirus? So just 50 times more likely.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ported-road-casualties-annual-report-2018.pdf
Not if you’re under 65 with no severe underlying health conditions.

The focus on shielding the elderly is not about saving their lives. It is to protect the NHS from being overwhelmed by older people needing heavy interventionist treatment, as they are much more susceptible to serious condition from the virus.
The NHS now have a scoring system for deciding whether to treat ppl for this virus when resources are thin. If you are over 70, have underlying conditions, take immuno suppressant drugs, or have a compromised immune system, you will get palliative care only and be treated as NTBR, which means you will be let go, no attempt made to keep you alive.
As someone who falls into this category, that is a bit scary.

I have just asked my IBD nurse about what you have said and he has said its a load of nonesense and just scaremongering. I fall it the immunosuppressed group and they are trying to persuade me to admit myself to hospital. They are ringing me every single day to check my condition.

Now here is the ironic thing. My nurse is telling me you are not correct in what you say. Yet there is no chance I am going into hospital as I am worried what you are saying is correct. I am 41 so not in the higher aged bracket. My instince is stay the fuck well away from hospitals, even though I could be doing myself long term harm.

And how can it be that I have to rely on people like you, 'johnny', someone who doesn't know me from Adam, to sort me out with some masks for my teacher wife, just so I'm not lying in bed awake all night worrying about her going into teach still each week?

The fact you drove out of your way to drop them on my driveway at my house, stuff like this you don't ever forget.

There are so many people who are being put in harms way, yet without the kindness of others, like on Blue Moon, they are shit outta luck.

Thanks again, bud.

I would have been fucked without Bluemoon over the last month, it has kept me sane. Some days I have not been able to contribute, but just being able to stay in bed and read what people have said has kept me in contact with the real world.

It wasn't that long a go Cheltenham went ahead.

It wasn't that long a go pubs were open. Mental to think that for a week instructions weren't clear, people were still heading to the pubs and then they allowed for that last Friday night of drinking.

I agree there should not have gone ahead with Cheltenham but I have not seen any negative data

as I have been to Cheltenham I know a lot of people do the whole thing and stay over and pack the pubs hotels and restaurants for a whole week. Presumably since Cheltenham , the town has had 1000s of cases and 100s of deaths in the town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.