COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
NHS England announced the increase on Wednesday, which takes the total number of hospital COVID-19 deaths in the country to 11,656.

Patients were aged between 20 and 101, and 20 of those (aged 20 to 101) had no known underlying health conditions when they tested positive for coronavirus.

Scotland recorded another 84 deaths, which was its biggest daily increase to date.

Wales also recorded its highest daily increase with 60, and Northern Ireland recorded another six

Totals
  • England - 11,656
  • Scotland - 699
  • Wales - 463
  • Northern Ireland - 140

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-another-651-covid-19-deaths-in-hospitals-in-england-11973506

Hopefully a positive sign that the death toll is going down but no doubt too early to call yet.

So you're saying anyone under 65 with no underlying health conditions has only a 0.0038% chance of dying if they contract COVID-19. Nonsense.

I think you have to factor the two things Into the equation to get your percentage of dying

the chances of getting covid In the first instance ; and

having got it the chances of dying of it

that gives you your true risk factor of dying of covid as a healthy under 65

I think you have to factor the two things Into the equation to get your percentage of dying

the chances of getting covid In the first instance ; and

having got it the chances of dying of it

that gives you your true risk factor of dying of covid as a healthy under 65

If that's the case then it's flawed logic.

The comparison between this and car accidents is being made in the context of "what are you worrying about, you've as much chance of dying in a car accident". Well that's not true if you catch it, is it. So people are right to reject that comparison and to worry about it.

And it's probably not true in any event. I doubt the risk of dying from COVID-19 is as low as only 0.0038% for anyone. We're running at 0.02% of the whole population being dead already, and we're not even half way through yet. Not by a long chalk.

Hopefully a positive sign that the death toll is going down but no doubt too early to call yet.

pretty much the same as yesterday, I thought.

The number hospitalised will (presumably) have increased, so I would think the death toll will not reduce for a while yet - based on the assumption that the number dying is related to the number ill enough to be hospitalised.

If that's the case then it's flawed logic.

The comparison between this and car accidents is being made in the context of "what are you worrying about, you've as much chance of dying in a car accident". Well that's not true if you catch it, is it. So people are right to reject that comparison and to worry about it.

And it's probably not true in any event. I doubt the risk of dying from COVID-19 is as low as only 0.0038% for anyone. We're running at 0.02% of the whole population being dead already, and we're not even half way through yet. Not by a long chalk.

Healthy under 65 is 0.02%?

pretty much the same as yesterday, I thought.

The number hospitalised will (presumably) have increased, so I would think the death toll will not reduce for a while yet - based on the assumption that the number dying is related to the number ill enough to be hospitalised.

I think the reason I'm very slightly more optimistic is because we normally see a surge in numbers in midweek but that's not happened this week. It could simply be the bank holiday delay but I'm sure we will find out soon enough.

My kids won't be going back to school until a vaccine or something officially tells me it is safe to do so.

They can try and come for them, I've got a big fucking stick - I work from home and can just as easily home school them with my teacher wife.

It wasn't that long ago they were saying young people weren't getting it.

It wasn't that long ago they were saying for certain that you were immune if had caught it.

It wasn't that long ago they said there was no need to close the schools.

And it wasn't long ago they told me to do the right thing, work hard, save for the future.

Before they told me and my family they were on their own, not entitled to anything.

I'll do what is now right for me and my loved ones.

I don't trust these people the longer it goes on. It physically turns my stomach to hear the Americans leading and pushing the narrative, now being taken up here, that we could now be through the worst of it and we need to rescue the economy.

Bullshit - protect the people first and tear up the rules on the economy.
Afternoon Tolm; there will be some very interesting decisions for parents and teachers to make, sooner than most people were anticipating. There's a groundswell developing to get children back into schools. Denmark is seen as the model to follow. The Children's Commissioner was on the radio today, saying we have to get children back in asap or it will impact terribly on their learning. I'll tell you what will impact more - having dead parents; having dead teachers. The economy will eventually recover, it will take decades. The dead never return. You're absolutely bang to rights to do what's right for you and yours. I know I will. I'm already in touch with my union as I know they will be on high alert for sending staff back into the unknown. I won't be cannon fodder for anyone. I'm back in school next week, looking after the children who have no choice but to be in; I've zero problem with that and it's doable - we can ensure social distancing. But open the floodgates, let dozens back in and I'll fuck the job off. Not risking my life and that of my kids for anyone.
Take care bud, and no worries at all about masks etc. Happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.