COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Numbers and curve looks ok but he has just warned numbers may bounce up tomorrow

peaking but not over it yet

Peston really is a twat he looks like he is coming in my living room. Imagine him in 3D !
Which bit of we are not ready to announce the relaxation of lockdown yet is he struggling with move on to something tangable.

Numbers and curve looks ok but he has just warned numbers may bounce up tomorrow

peaking but not over it yet

Peston really is a twat he looks like he is coming in my living room. Imagine him in 3D !
First time I’ve seen Sweden on the country comparison graphic, unless I’ve missed it previously?

The numbers of healthy young people dying of this are tiny. This virus is dangerous to the elderly and those with health issues. So when the lockdown is released those in the vulnerable groups should continue to be shielded. Everyone else should continue to take sensible precautions.
I feel its not as clearcut as the risk for the elderly as against the risk for the young.

The risk for elderly with illnesses may be the same as young with life threatening illnesses. As indeed the risk for a fit elderly person may be similar to a fit young person.

Afternoon Tolm; there will be some very interesting decisions for parents and teachers to make, sooner than most people were anticipating. There's a groundswell developing to get children back into schools. Denmark is seen as the model to follow. The Children's Commissioner was on the radio today, saying we have to get children back in asap or it will impact terribly on their learning. I'll tell you what will impact more - having dead parents; having dead teachers. The economy will eventually recover, it will take decades. The dead never return. You're absolutely bang to rights to do what's right for you and yours. I know I will. I'm already in touch with my union as I know they will be on high alert for sending staff back into the unknown. I won't be cannon fodder for anyone. I'm back in school next week, looking after the children who have no choice but to be in; I've zero problem with that and it's doable - we can ensure social distancing. But open the floodgates, let dozens back in and I'll fuck the job off. Not risking my life and that of my kids for anyone.
Take care bud, and no worries at all about masks etc. Happy to help.

Thanks pal. As you say, the emotional blackmail will be ramped up to the max, certain workers will be told we are all in this together, when the actual reality is that they have to make a decision between their jobs and the lives of them and their families.

As long as people have each other, what the fuck does it matter if my nine year old knows the difference between William The Conquerer and William Tell?

She can catch up, I'd rather my family was safe and what teacher is going to be fully motivated when they are keeping one eye on whether they are taking something deadly home with them.

It is always the foot soldiers that die in the first wave, the fucking generals are the ones barking orders from the back telling us all of their immense pride and our sacrifice.

Wankers have taken the NHS, teachers and others for granted for so long, and now it's one for all...

Testing for all staff and their households (as long as you are off work) and this is not even available yet.

Thanks pal. As you say, the emotional blackmail will be ramped up to the max, certain workers will be told we are all in this together, when the actual reality is that they have to make a decision between their jobs and the lives of them and their families.

As long as people have each other, what the fuck does it matter if my nine year old knows the difference between William The Conquerer and William Tell?

She can catch up, I'd rather my family was safe and what teacher is going to be fully motivated when they are keeping one eye on whether they are taking something deadly home with them.

It is always the foot soldiers that die in the first wave, the fucking generals are the ones barking orders from the back telling us all of their immense pride and our sacrifice.

Wankers have taken the NHS, teachers and others for granted for so long, and now it's one for all...
Thankfully, unlike the fucking inept NAHT/ASCL, my union are asking the right questions:
https://schoolsweek.co.uk/coronavir...ence-on-increased-risks-of-reopening-schools/

I agree there should not have gone ahead with Cheltenham but I have not seen any negative data

as I have been to Cheltenham I know a lot of people do the whole thing and stay over and pack the pubs hotels and restaurants for a whole week. Presumably since Cheltenham , the town has had 1000s of cases and 100s of deaths in the town?
No. Not many dead.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/shock-over-death-big-hearted-4047100

Pub a mile from the racecourse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.