COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Son is being tested tomorrow, he's a nurse at a Children's hospital and has had symptoms the last day or so.
He's 31 so hopefully he'll be fine but as a parent it's a nightmare not being able to go to them

Thanks

Levels rose with age, with people in the 60-85 age group displaying more than three times the amount of antibodies as people in the 15-39 age range. That is in line with suspicions that the virus could be deadlier to older people because it triggers an extreme immune response

According that that at 59 i might be borderline immune but not for certain,hmm

I think everything was hinging on the antibody test,this puts us back somewhat i think

Good news: Antibody tests validated!

Bad news (I think) : They've realised that under 40s diagnosed who had mild symptoms didn't actually develop antibodies and the virus was killed by other cells in the body. Now unlikely to be immune.
Source?

sorry this may seem like as rant, and long winded.

Part of my job when we have finished the food bank runs is to check that the allotment holders are obeying the new government guidelines of only ONE tenant per plot NO couples and NO children along with the club houses is closed and no washing of hands in the water butts !!

Today on one site there were 6 couples and two had a child with them, I approached all of them and 5 were fine but of course played the we didn't know card, even though all plot holders have been sent emails with the new government guidelines and notices around the site.

Of course ONE couple decide to kick off. I remained polite and just said its government policy so sorry the kiddie shouldnt be here and only one of you should be working the plot. As we were leaving the site at the gate were this couple with the little kiddie and their daughter/mother to the kiddie. The Daughter than starts kicking of saying that her mother has to come up with her father as she doesn't drive !. I said '' couldn't your father come up when you or your husband our at home to be with your mother ?''...…..''NO we don't live with them''. ''Well your daughter shouldnt be with her grand parents if you don't share the same house , you aren't allowed to visit family as we are in lockdown''. Plus her parents looked well into their 70's and aren't that age group meant to be staying in for the 8 or so weeks ?

that didn't go down well !!! ''what are you some sort of jobs worth you little twat !'' the daughter said. ''If it means trying to stop the virus yes I am a jobs worth, you shouldn't be visiting or leaving you kiddie with your parents''. She was going on about schools reopening in 3 weeks yet her daughter cant come to the allotments with her grand parents !. I said ''I have nothing to do with schools only allotments''. I know I shouldn't have mention the fact that they shouldnt be sending their kiddie to the grand parents, but I am getting fed up with people ignoring the lockdown.

As the daughter was getting more confrontational I said '' If you aren't happy with the government's guidelines please phone the council and speak to ******* ****** '', and we walked away as there was no point in talking to her as she thought she was right and I was just a jobs worth twat !!

We got into our van to leave all the family ( 3 generations ) all got into the same car and than blocked our way out. We waited and in the end they moved. The council have said it will close the allotments to all if the guidelines arent followed its a shame that some people really don't give a shit about other people.

going by what I see on a daily basis I don't see this virus or lockdown ending any time soon

sorry for the rant bluemooners ;)
Fair play to you for remaining calm and patient, I'm not sure I could have been that rational. If they have broken the rules by bringing a child, then you should just shut their plot no argument. Tough shit, you shouldn't have to put up with this bollocks.
I'm sure someone more responsible would be more than willing to take it on.
Is this what we've come to? Allotment anarchy.
Stay safe mate

Thanks

Levels rose with age, with people in the 60-85 age group displaying more than three times the amount of antibodies as people in the 15-39 age range. That is in line with suspicions that the virus could be deadlier to older people because it triggers an extreme immune response

According that that at 59 i might be borderline immune but not for certain,hmm

I think everything was hinging on the antibody test,this puts us back somewhat i think

Yeah I would agree with your last paragraph. I'm no expert though and it might not paint the full picture, but it complicates things as I read it.

Good news: Antibody tests validated!

Bad news (I think) : They've realised that under 40s diagnosed who had mild symptoms didn't actually develop antibodies and the virus was killed by other cells in the body. Now unlikely to be immune.
An interesting aspect of that would be if they could identify the agent(s) in the body which are killing the virus, it could prove a pathway to a possible cure in the long term. I don't have a Telegraph subscription so can't read the whole article to see if that's discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.