COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What hasn't been addressed and what I find a bit odd is theirs been little mention on air travel. In the long run holidays including mine can wait as it doesnt matter at the moment.
Jet2, TUI, Ryan Air have all more or less committed to the same date of mid june to start their schedules. So are they just guessing or do they know something we dont?
Also planes are compact and not a great environment for people with air con and germs spreading etc so will flying be allowed? I guess that's another conundrum as major airlines will need to get going or else they may go bust.
I think this is one subject that no government wants to discuss, just far too difficult to call at this stage. My mate is a captain at EasyJet and they haven’t got a scooby what’s going on.

They won't say anything because it'll trigger claims and people will start grabbing for refunds.

I think air travel will resume when the lockdown ends and the government stops advising against all travel.

Whether you can enter the country you are going to though is another thing.

Yeah true mine is Tenerife but apart from the incident at the hotel with CV19 a few months ago it seems to have coped ok.

if you just let more people on the allotments do as they wish they have 4 or 5 people on their plots with BBQ before you know it you could have a gathering of 50 or more on site which would be classed a a mass gathering ;) and against government guidelines
My mam and dad go to there’s each day for an hour or 2 maximum. As far as I know they’ve not been told anything different and as it’s the only time she’s allowed out and dad just does some shopping on top of this I’m unsure what the issue with it is. It’s their only form of exercise, it’s the one thing keeping them, especially mum sane!! They don’t mix with anyone else so can’t see any reason for them to stop.

My mam and dad go to there’s each day for an hour or 2 maximum. As far as I know they’ve not been told anything different and as it’s the only time she’s allowed out and dad just does some shopping on top of this I’m unsure what the issue with it is. It’s their only form of exercise, it’s the one thing keeping them, especially mum sane!! They don’t mix with anyone else so can’t see any reason for them to stop.

I must admit I don't see whats wrong with a couple doing their allotments and keeping the 2 meter gap with others

I think this is one subject that no government wants to discuss, just far too difficult to call at this stage. My mate is a captain at EasyJet and they haven’t got a scooby what’s going on.

Yeah it's a tricky one isn't it.
They cant risk several airlines going bust but have to weight that up against public health.
It may well be that passengers need some sort of CV19 test certificate.

Yes you have to be in intensive care for a ventilator.
Scottish figures here.

Scottish COVID-19 test numbers: 15 April 2020
A total of 34,064 people in Scotland have been tested. Of these:

• 27,316 were confirmed negative
  • 6,748 were positive
  • 699 patients who tested positive have died
Find out about the process for reporting COVID-19 deaths.

Management information reported by NHS Boards shows

I can't find where else I saw a report of the study but in any case, I think the 41% refers to ventilators/ventilation (as in invasive and non-invasive CPAP types) whereas a much lower percentage refers to mechanical ventilators which I hope/assume are the type we have 10,000 of. That's not to say there's an over-supply because by all accounts, it's a race against the clock for these new ventilators to be delivered but hopefully that means there's not a shortage either and that they're not having to be rationed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/body/ventilators-coronavirus/

Good news: Antibody tests validated!

Bad news (I think) : They've realised that under 40s diagnosed who had mild symptoms didn't actually develop antibodies and the virus was killed by other cells in the body. Now unlikely to be immune.
That is bad news,that means they can get it and pass it on a second time,need to read about it really,do you have a link?

The saying goodbye to loved ones at the hospital/care home is a nice soundbite but will be a nightmare in reality , they haven't got the PPE for the workers, let alone visitors ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.