COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have to be in ICU to be on a ventilator though?

Apparently, the Government urgently need 18,000 (revised down from 30,000) so the 42% figure sounds about right. I'll try and dig out the study.
Yes you have to be in intensive care for a ventilator.
Scottish figures here.

Scottish COVID-19 test numbers: 15 April 2020
A total of 34,064 people in Scotland have been tested. Of these:

• 27,316 were confirmed negative
  • 6,748 were positive
  • 699 patients who tested positive have died
Find out about the process for reporting COVID-19 deaths.

Management information reported by NHS Boards shows

No. As usual, Council officials haven’t got a fcukin clue. Working an allotment is one of the best antidotes to climbing the walls and on my local allotment site (run by the neighbouring council) EVERY single person is respecting the rules.

If and when people hold social gatherings or BBQs, throw the book at them. (They won’t). While they are minding their own business and obeying the rules, Council officials should turn their attention to more pressing matters.

Too many of those local authority tossers are on 100% pay and looking for ways to fill their day. Too many of them are shit at the best of times.

Absolutely no dig at you, mate. You are doing what you are told.
no offence taken ...we had reports of people breaking the new government guidelines and went to remind them . In normal times BBQ and bonfires, use of a club house etc are allowed just not now. Well that's the understanding of our council and the guidelines form the allotment association and government

Apparently, the Government urgently need 18,000 (revised down from 30,000) so the 42% figure sounds about right. I'll try and dig out the study.

The reduction in the ventilator requirements (from 30K) might be due in part to the 10,000 CPAP devices that have been produced by Mercedes and UCL, that force increased oxygen into patients' lungs as well as fewer than anticipated presenters to ICU (at the moment). Part of the reason why the number of ventilators is not closer to the 18,000 requirement is because the regulators haven't approved 4 designs from organisations including Dyson. Obviously, it would have helped to try to source appropriate ventilators sooner.

no offence taken ...we had reports of people breaking the new government guidelines and went to remind them . In normal times BBQ and bonfires, use of a club house etc are allowed just not now. Well that's the understanding of our council and the guidelines form the allotment association and government
Regardless anyway bud, you don't deserve abuse. It's no doubt a guilt thing as they know they are in the wrong

Yes you have to be in ICU.

A ventilator breathes for someone, it requires intubation which is a very invasive procedure (big thing down the throat and into the lungs) and most people won't be conscious or they'll be put under for it. People are not intubated unless they are critically ill enough to the point they can't breathe hence why the survival statistics are so bad.

Those breathing normally but at risk may be put in ICU in case they need the above, I'm assuming Boris was in this bracket.

a footnote to my experience the daughter took the piss out of mask, saying' ''it wasn't the right type''. I said ''we cant get hold of the right type'', She said my husband has loads as he is a trader'', I said 'is he going to donate them to the front line NHS ?'', this was meet with more jobs worth abuse lol

She was a cnut. Sorry for the label, but absolute scum of the earth.

What hasn't been addressed and what I find a bit odd is theirs been little mention on air travel. In the long run holidays including mine can wait as it doesnt matter at the moment.
Jet2, TUI, Ryan Air have all more or less committed to the same date of mid june to start their schedules. So are they just guessing or do they know something we dont?
Also planes are compact and not a great environment for people with air con and germs spreading etc so will flying be allowed? I guess that's another conundrum as major airlines will need to get going or else they may go bust.

What hasn't been addressed and what I find a bit odd is theirs been little mention on air travel. In the long run holidays including mine can wait as it doesnt matter at the moment.
Jet2, TUI, Ryan Air have all more or less committed to the same date of mid june to start their schedules. So are they just guessing or do they know something we dont?
Also planes are compact and not a great environment for people with air con etc so will flying be allowed? I guess that's another conundrum as major airlines will need to get going or else they may go bust.

They won't say anything because it'll trigger claims and people will start grabbing for refunds.

I think air travel will resume when the lockdown ends and the government stops advising against all travel.

Whether you can enter the country you are going to though is another thing.

Good news: Antibody tests validated!

Bad news (I think) : They've realised that under 40s diagnosed who had mild symptoms didn't actually develop antibodies and the virus was killed by other cells in the body. Now unlikely to be immune.

Also planes are compact and not a great environment for people with air con and germs spreading etc so will flying be allowed? I guess that's another conundrum as major airlines will need to get going or else they may go bust.
Been thinking that, due to go to Sicily in October , which may be fine but the journey on a packed easy-jet not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.