COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a point on the daily Govt and Medical updates.
I note they can add an orange coloured bit to top up the graph columns that show I think daily progress of something via outside of hospital figures.
How come such additions are not available when showing daily deaths?

Or if in 10 years it makes your cock fall off. I am concerned about quick vaccines
Oxford Uni are using a known safe vaccine changing to cope with Covid 19 and is already being injected in people for testing. should be able to go into production in Sept if tests are ok

Oxford Uni are using a known safe vaccine changing to cope with Covid 19 and is already being injected in people for testing. should be able to go into production in Sept if tests are ok

what’s your source?
I doubt very much that standard testing protocols would be abandoned like this.

We’ve suspected this was the case for weeks now. I know we’re more likely to hear of the bad news rather than the good, but is there any task we’ve managed to carry out in this crisis that can be deemed or regarded as efficient? We look totally inept in every department.

And yet the UK has a burgeoning biotech sector. They simply aren't seeking to fully suppress the virus, and have said so.

We have to look to outside the UK for hope and then hope the UK gets bounced into action. There are 5 and 10 minute tests now. The UK even has its own private pharmaceutical companies producing these products. Can you imagine the effect they would have in the care homes. Emirates does a 10 minute blood test on its passengers. The UK government claims to care about its old.

Prof Ferguson saying this morning that he thinks peak for infections was a couple week ago. Also what’s been said in here that some form of social distancing will be needed indefinitely until a vaccine is found.

what’s your source?
I doubt very much that standard testing protocols would be abandoned like this.

It's not abandoning anything.

This is what they did with swine flu. If you just adapt an approved vaccine slightly you don't need to go through every stage of testing.

Hence the Swine flu vaccine was being mass produced 5 months after the pandemic started.

We’ve suspected this was the case for weeks now. I know we’re more likely to hear of the bad news rather than the good, but is there any task we’ve managed to carry out in this crisis that can be deemed or regarded as efficient? We look totally inept in every department.

I try not to get dragged too much into what the media says, they're very sensationalist and always looking to cause friction for a headline.

But this is just staggering. I heard around a month ago that checks at Heathrow and Manchester were just not happening, but to hear nothing has been put in place since is shockingly bad, especially when you have the majority of the population self isolating, companies going bust and 100 year old pensioners fund raising to beat this thing. We're not seeing family, worrying over those at risk, home schooling our kids and sacrificing much, and it could all be undone by an incredible lack of common sense at the highest level.

I'm not sure what the issues are specifically around this and why nothing has been done, but I think the UK public has a right to feel let down physically and morally by the fact that this is still happening.

I do hope these reports are exaggerated, but from what I see and have been told personally, I doubt it. I'd be bloody prosecuting the officials who let this slip through the net though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.