COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SARS vaccine.

there isn't one. they are still researching it,

so I guess they maybe piggybacking research off of that but its not a tested vaccine. But I guess research slowed a lot after SARS was contained and killed off.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sars/

There's currently no cure for SARS, but research to find a vaccine is ongoing.

A person suspected of having SARS should be admitted to hospital immediately and kept in isolation under close observation.

Last edited:
What possible explanation is there for this? It's either ineptitude, they don't care or they're still following herd immunity on the down low. None of them are particularly encouraging.
The country is in lockdown, so what would be the point of stopping people coming here? They aren’t going to be spreading the virus even if they have it.

What are other countries doing with regards to flights in & out?

Be interesting to know.

The focus of the allotment officers is allotments. What other current priorities are there in relation to allotments? You do not know if locals have complained to police. If that is the case, the police may have asked the councils to do this. I tend to take the view that if a decision has been made to do something, unless I am fully informed about the issues, I am not in a position to comment on whether or not it is the wrong thing to do.
One thing that’s certainly flourishing during this period is the number of online curtain twitchers.

Bring back the match thread :-(

Last edited:
I seen that. He's from the imperial college who were one of the first in this country to report that the only way out of this is a vaccine and an on/off lockdown/distancing would be needed until that was available. People didn't want to believe it at the time, including me, but it seems the common thought now.

Given that, amongst all the experts and their opinions and research whenever I hear news from him I tend to switch on and listen to what he's saying.

My question would be what counts as significant social distancing? Kids not spending time with their grandparents until a vaccine? No football matches or large events until a vaccine? Something in between? Be interested to hear exactly what he means by that.

God knows, there has to be a balance struck somewhere. You’d think the elderly and vulnerable will still have to be shielded to a certain extent, but then they can’t be in lockdown for 12 months.

The big issue is that the virus hasn’t gone away, it’s just being controlled so the health service doesn’t collapse. We’re more than likely going to get it at some point if a vaccine doesn’t arrive for at least 12 months. Do we just accept this?

I think coming out of these measures is going to be incredibly hard.

And just as I thought the linked article quotes experts saying it’s 18 months away.

not to mention the problem of making it. We have no facility in the UK for large scale vaccine production. We will just have to hope that where they are made, France, Switzerland, USA, etc will let us access some. They may of course not release it until all their own needs are met.

Any company - big or small - who develops something that works will license manufacturing out. I don't think there won't be any need for hoping - the backlash from not doing so would see to that.

The country is in lockdown, so what would be the point of stopping people coming here? They aren’t going to be spreading the virus even if they have it.
So they are not getting checked on entry, so could have the virus, meaning hospital treatment, apart from that you think they are all coming here to empty houses, or may even be going back to jobs on the front line ? So many things wrong with what you say !!

What are other countries doing with regards to flights in & out?

Be interesting to know.

We have banned all travel, in and out.

Only Australian citizens are permitted to enter and on arrival they must quarantine in a hotel for 14 days.

Our biggest fiasco was from all the cruise ships but after a few weeks of nonsense we sorted it out.

We have just been advised that we have atleast another 4 weeks of lockdown and look like introducing some sort of contact tracing app when restrictions could be lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.