COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The country is in lockdown, so what would be the point of stopping people coming here? They aren’t going to be spreading the virus even if they have it.

Of course they are. They have to stay somewhere and wherever they stay they will come into contact with people. If they have it they will pass it on and it will spread. I have no idea who or why anyone is flying here unless as someone said they are stranded holidaymakers or expats returning home.

Of course they are. They have to stay somewhere and wherever they stay they will come into contact with people. If they have it they will pass it on and it will spread. I have no idea who or why anyone is flying here unless as someone said they are stranded holidaymakers or expats returning home.
You can’t stop British people returning home, they have a right to be here, and they will be going into immediate lockdown. These people aren’t tourists.

We have banned all travel, in and out.

Only Australian citizens are permitted to enter and on arrival they must quarantine in a hotel for 14 days.

Our biggest fiasco was from all the cruise ships but after a few weeks of nonsense we sorted it out.

We have just been advised that we have atleast another 4 weeks of lockdown and look like introducing some sort of contact tracing app when restrictions could be lifted.

That’s not true. My mate flew in from Peru this morning!

I think the world is realising we are fucked for a good while yet. Unless a drug or mixture of drugs fight the virus and beat it instead of ending up on a ventilator and/or a vaccine is created then this is our new reality. The only other hope is if people who have had it have some form of immunity and can get back to work. That depends of course on a test that works. Pretty depressing at the moment.

The country is in lockdown, so what would be the point of stopping people coming here? They aren’t going to be spreading the virus even if they have it.
We aren’t in lockdown, we just have some restrictions in place.

There are millions of people out and about: working, shopping, exercising, walking dogs.

Any company - big or small - who develops something that works will license manufacturing out. I don't think there won't be any need for hoping - the backlash from not doing so would see to that.
Backlash is overrated , how many were fingered after the contaminated blood scandal..noone, how many carried the can for the banks meltdown, the aluminium chloride in drinking water..no one, the deaths from dirty hospitals by sepsis 40,000 per annum which began with "outsourcing," no one, thalidomide no one, Bhopal no one, carriage doors on trains opening on their own, no one. Big pharma does not do "backlash", they have governments on their side, coroners and judges. When billions are involved ethics, morals, karma dont even exist or ever likely to

You can’t stop British people returning home, they have a right to be here, and they will be going into immediate lockdown. These people aren’t tourists.
But like in other countries they should be checked upon arrival, asked a series of questions and be enforced to isolate for 14 days whether they have symptoms or not. We’ve just “advised” people to isolate if they have symptoms and informing them who to report symptoms to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.