COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
On plasma treatment, is my understanding wrong:

presumably it has downsides that you have to have recovered people who are strong enough to give blood, and also have been exposed enough to make antibodies? That's quite a small pool.

also, is it more a treatment for the intermediately ill, rather than the extremely ill (based on the extremely ill more needing their own immune system to be regulated?)?

Other benefits?

Is that the antibody test? How is it going and how is your daughter going?
My daughter is doing fine thank you. She has recently gone back to work after maternity leave and walked back into the shit storm that is COVID-19.

Last edited:
The Chinese stopped the trial as it was seen as too effective and they are scared of the America cornering the treatment market. Will be interesting the see what the full report is at the end of the month.
That makes no sense. China has suspended some trials because they don't have enough patients to test! Including trials sponsored by American pharma company Gilead.

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biote...second-remdesivir-covid-19-trial-halted-china

Cheers. I’ve just $1,000 of stock at 2x leverage. Let’s see what happens.
Shame I didn't act on this a month or so ago. Gilead is s customer and there was very positive internal feedback from them about Remdesivir back in early March. I posted about it on here but guess it got lost in the noise.

EDIT: Seems I didn't post it. Nothing I could find in search history. Must have posted it elsewhere.

Last edited:
On plasma treatment, is my understanding wrong:

presumably it has downsides that you have to have recovered people who are strong enough to give blood, and also have been exposed enough to make antibodies? That's quite a small pool.

also, is it more a treatment for the intermediately ill, rather than the extremely ill (based on the extremely ill more needing their own immune system to be regulated?)?

Other benefits?
Anyone who had the virus over 40 who had symptoms will have suffient antibodies. The partially successful antibody test trial results earlier on in the week showed that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.