COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Binmen are a real essential service at the moment - anyone know the best way to go about giving them a tip ? Doesn’t seem any real nationwide appeal to do this - was thinking just running out with fiver/tenner when I see them coming round. But not sure what the etiquette is.
Truth,
Walked past a bin on Wednesday that had a note on it, I thought that’s sweet, some kid has left a thank you note.
So I read it.
“Sorry, dead dog inside”.

Just cane into the lounge as the radio was saying something about the WHO saying there’s no evidence of people that recover having immunity. Or at least that’s what I think it said.

That wouldn’t be very good and would mean there won’t be a vaccine. Someone please tell me I misheard.

Just cane into the lounge as the radio was saying something about the WHO saying there’s no evidence of people that recover having immunity. Or at least that’s what I think it said.

That wouldn’t be very good and would mean there won’t be a vaccine. Someone please tell me I misheard.
The WHO wasn't definitive about lack of immunity, just cautioning about placing too much reliance on antibody tests until post-infection immunity has been widely confirmed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52335210

Binmen are a real essential service at the moment - anyone know the best way to go about giving them a tip ? Doesn’t seem any real nationwide appeal to do this - was thinking just running out with fiver/tenner when I see them coming round. But not sure what the etiquette is.

Sorry mate, but our bin men are cunts.
Proper jobsworths with how the bins have to be loaded. 1mm gap on the lid (has to be shut)and they won't take it. Leave a spare rubbish bag next to it, and they will move the bin and leave the bag for foxes to rip apart.
Just to finish off, they constantly leave the bins in the middle of the driveway even though they are left in a different place to be emptied. Meaning on returning home, we have to get out and move the bins before entering the drive.
And before you think it's just us, they do it to the whole area.
All happened when a new firm took over years ago. Before that, they were great. Forget to leave a bin out? They would either knock on or just take the bin. They used to get plenty of biscuits, and a christmas tip etc.

Some possible great news with Oxford University 80% very hopeful they have a vaccine based on Chimpanzee virus. Trials start next week but they are so confident about it they have started manufacturing to produce 1,000,000 doses immediately with the hope it works and tens of millions can be produced by end of the year.

Tip to ours.....take the fucking rubbish left as per instructions on facebook left by the fucking council that employs them!

Bin being slightly open by an inch is not an excuse not to empty it and the 2 bags of rubbish per household we have been told is acceptable also need to fucking go and not be left in the street as we cant do anything with it as the local dumps are shut.

There is my tip for the day.

Some possible great news with Oxford University 80% very hopeful they have a vaccine based on Chimpanzee virus. Trials start next week but they are so confident about it they have started manufacturing to produce 1,000,000 doses immediately with the hope it works and tens of millions can be produced by end of the year.
giphy.gif.cf.gif

Vaccine means you don't get it in the first place. It might not give absolute protection (it may still be possible to get the disease) but an effective vaccine drastically reduces infection.

If someone who's had it can get it again the whole "herd immunity" stance by letting it move through the population was even more stupid. Vaccination would give herd immunity.

Shortage of PPE, even gowns...

Have we got 3 Nightingale hospitals with 6000 beds and 19 patients and lots of gowns while the regular hospitals are running out? Or have we got lots of Nightingale beds with not enough PPE to use them?

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/present...ghtingale-is-failing-to-support-londons-drow/

We have 6,000 Nightingale with few patients to fill them. I assume the Nightingale workers are minimising the use of PPE, relative to patient demand for care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.