COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said it was mandatory

No but its stupid.

Government doesnt want anyone paying with cash right now due to the risk of an infected person handing over money to another, hence pay with card.

Now is not the time to be tipping binmen who are on full pay doing what they are employed to do.

Workmates aside they have no contact with the public and are about as safe as you can be.

No but its stupid.

Government doesnt want anyone paying with cash right now due to the risk of an infected person handing over money to another, hence pay with card.

Now is not the time to be tipping binmen who are on full pay doing what they are employed to do.

Workmates aside they have no contact with the public and are about as safe as you can be.

that’s a good point. Fair enough.

Piss off really ? And yes no objection to tip delivery guys right now or any other essential service during these times.

Has "Oh, piss off", really upset a cockernee that much, careful you don't melt when you cross the front doorstep, fuck me.

Why during these times? What is the difference to the rest of the year all the other weeks they empty your bin?
They are doing nothing different to what they do weekly, as are delivery men, I used them as an example of another worker still trundling on doing their job regardless, I deliver for a food company and now have a little note saying I am an essential worker in case I am stopped driving a 7.5tonne truck, my hours are slightly reduced, no weekend work and still getting the same money as a thank you for not fucking off on the furlough deal.

Why do you need to tip us this week and not all the other weeks of the year that you get deliveries or your bin emptied, will it make you feel better to tip these workers or something?

I mean, have we got enough gowns and other PPE for all those Nightingale beds lying unused when other hospitals are desperate? Or are the Nightingale beds unusable because they have no PPE?
Don't think the Nightingale beds are meant for full on icu patients so the PPE requirement will be lower as I understand it the gowns are the big shortage which may not be a requirement.

Some brought people in from the EU before flights were cancelled and are paying them even though there's no picking till May. These are their regular seasonal workers who don't need training. "Pick for Britain" will have thousands of Brits turning up but growers are frankly expecting many will be given three weeks training (some dangerous machinery involved in some work) then give up after the first week; they can't afford that, hence the preference for bringing in the foreign workers they trust.
Nice bit of Brit bashing there. Your words not theirs, I guess. Sounds like they're missing a trick not getting local talent trained up at this time. Especially as there may well be an abundance of skilled manpower out of work for sometime to come.

Has "Oh, piss off", really upset a cockernee that much, careful you don't melt when you cross the front doorstep, fuck me.

Why during these times? What is the difference to the rest of the year all the other weeks they empty your bin?
They are doing nothing different to what they do weekly, as are delivery men, I used them as an example of another worker still trundling on doing their job regardless, I deliver for a food company and now have a little note saying I am an essential worker in case I am stopped driving a 7.5tonne truck, my hours are slightly reduced, no weekend work and still getting the same money as a thank you for not fucking off on the furlough deal.

Why do you need to tip us this week and not all the other weeks of the year that you get deliveries or your bin emptied, will it make you feel better to tip these workers or something?

Not really, just no need for it.
Just know the huge strain local councils are under and the funding for likes of binmen is a struggle - would be chaos if bins were not collected - like all front line services at the moment, they are not wearing enough protective gear and where I live anyway, they’ve always gone beyond their duties - taking rubbish dumped and people putting shit in wrong bins etc.
seen a lot of Thankyou signs left by people and kids on bins lately (sure that also makes you angry) so was just thinking of a way to also tip, apologies, didn’t think this would be such a controversial point.

He was only asking a question about how he might do go about tipping a bin man if he wants to. Seemed a bit unnecessary for someone to tell him to piss off.

I didn't.

I explained why it isn't a great idea right now and I've given my reasons as to why my binmen dont deserve a tip.

Each to their own though its a free country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.