COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Briefing

559,935 total tested

133,495 positive tests

18,100 died in hosp

Right steps at the right time (sigh) difficult times for everyone,mentally very stressful but measures have to stay in place,making progress but trying to avoid another spike and lock down

Paying tribute to armed forces for helping build 7 new hospitals and deliver supplies etc

NHS has not been overwhelmed

Ramping up testing

PPE,tireless effort to get it in and distribute

Getting stranded brits home

(This is a look how well we have done)

Armed forces officer

Supporting in lots of different ways,the biggest logistics operation they have ever done,building hosps,delivering PPE,involved in testing,getting natives home,etc,full time in service and reservists

Good to see Nick Carter involved a top man and superb leader
Sure, but what the hell is the point? It's just twenty minutes of propoganda. Zero information we can actually use for anything apart from increasing our appreciation of what they are doing. "Three times around the world". Jesus H.

Hmmmmm.....

It's piss poor if there are bogus offers of help from people looking to exploit the crisis. Also, where there are genuine offers of help from small to medium sized manufacturers, I would expect NHS purchasing hubs and /or managers in Trusts and other care organisations to get out there and sort PPE deals.

I am just hearing Raab thank the armed forces for their tremendous work in distributing kit / PPE and helping to plan and build the Nightingale Hospitals. The military help has gone even wider than that including providing medics. A member of our SC Branch is the Cannon (senior church official) for the Royal Marines. He is giving 20 funerals per day (sadly) and John isn't a spring chicken. We are so lucky to have our tremendous armed forces.

I understand the need for social distancing etc but the loss to the economy is horrific and has to be addressed soon.
Where did you see those news reports Paul?

It was on the Mail online. It is interesting that I haven't seen reports of retail workers being badly hit by the virus and they are in constant contact with others. Similarly I have lots of friends still working on the ships in Dover. They are only carrying freight but that is up to 150 freight drivers per trip, so far they have been okay.

Sure, but what the hell is the point? It's just twenty minutes of propoganda. Zero information we can actually use for anything apart from increasing our appreciation of what they are doing. "Three times around the world". Jesus H.
Its just comforting that he is involved, leadership is what is required here and he has it in abundance. He is also a hard taskmaster doesn't do bullshit and demands results.

It was on the Mail online. It is interesting that I haven't seen reports of retail workers being badly hit by the virus and they are in constant contact with others. Similarly I have lots of friends still working on the ships in Dover. They are only carrying freight but that is up to 150 freight drivers per trip, so far they have been okay.
Thanks Paul, and hope you and your friends keep safe x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.